rjf98

first paying tandem!!

Originally posted this in safety and training, but thought it belonged here more.

already purchased

This is a photo (poor quality from camera phone) of my first paying tandem customer last week.

Also one with Robyn Killian who helped me get my rating. Unfortunately the bonehad helmet is gone from last weekends jumping. The stupid thing came unsapped in FF and I lost it as well as my new Neptune. :(That was one EXPENSIVE tandem.

Rich

Unfortunately the bonehad helmet is gone from last weekends jumping. The stupid thing came unsapped in FF and I lost it as well as my new Neptune. :(

Ah, the Shark's Gunner, once again lost in the ether. :( Yep, that cool buckle failed in freefall....

Congrats on the Tandem!!!! Also

The stupid thing came unsapped in FF

The EXACT same thing happened to me around 3.5k, I never did find the damn Bonehead Guner damnit:|. I have since switched to a Hawkeye...

-Same thing happened to a guy I jump with...his Bonehead buckle unsnapped in freefall. He found the helmet, and it was a bit banged up...but Ok. -Made me wonder about mine, but it's a full-face Havok and I doubt it could fall off even if the buckle came undone.

AND CONGRATS ON THAT TANDEM!!! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Now ACME, I know we haven't met, but I do know some people that have met YOU. I'm chuckling pretty hard right now at the thought of a pretty little girl with that big ass ugly helmet. Rick Morranis in Space Balls comes to mind:P:P

As far as telling the student he was my first... Nope, but everyone around was making faces behind his back and asking with no words and only lip motions.

Also had another students relative swear that I had taken them on a tandem 2 months ago!

he he - i had someone come up to me the other day and say thanks for being the video man - pretty impressive at my 30-odd jumps i thought, especially as i must have been asleep while doing it!! B|
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Congrats!
I feel your pain about losing your gear......

Two years ago, I was videoing a tandem and the student (friend) asked me hold her cash while we jumped. Dumb me, put it in my zipper leg pocket of my vid suit pants. We get to jump run and I decide to get a piece of gum from my pocket, and forget to zip the pocket back up! The $$ stayed in freefall in the pocket, until I sat up to catch the deployment, and then POOF!!! $400 in $20 bills floated past me.....You can almost count it all on the video. Ugh.
The very next jump, back to back loads, I was filming another tandem and had to cutaway my brand new (less than 20 jumps) Vengeance due to a spinning/diving line twist. Canopy ended up in a tree (80ft up) and free bag was gone.

Now adays, I just stick to jumping tandems, video jumps are too freakin' expensive!!! LOL

Congrats again!

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Oh, gotta tell you this.

Bill Hall was my first tandem, he's my roommate and has been for nearly 2 years now. He wanted to be my first paying customer, especially since his line of thought was "Dave's going to be so nervous and would up, he'll do everything right, he won't be complacent." The jump was a good one, the video was even a good one and he had a good time.B|

So he knew going into it he was my first live tandem.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Congratulations Rich. . .you were looking pretty darn good all strapped into that LARGE parachute on your back. . .quite different from your usual setup.

Enjoy the week and see you Saturday. . .hopefully you get to do some fun jumps this weekend. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Congratulations, dude! Hope they stay fun for you...

I'm headed out to the DZ this afternoon to do one Cessna tandem, but it'll be number 500...of course, last weekend I took some girl who asked me how many jumps I had, and I told her "Five". Her reply? "Oh cool, so you're pretty experienced, huh?"

Sometimes, trying to keep a straight face in this business is harder than doing the damn jump...;)

Good luck, make 'em scream with joy!
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Now ACME, I know we haven't met, but I do know some people that have met YOU. I'm chuckling pretty hard right now at the thought of a pretty little girl with that big ass ugly helmet. Rick Morranis in Space Balls comes to mind:P:P

Ha haa...refer to my old sig line..."He don't know me vewy well, do he?"

[WillSmithVoice]"The difference between you and me...I make this look good."[/WillSmithVoice] B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.