jjiimmyyt

Failing license test

Yup, I failed my A test when it used to be the multipul choice test. Yeah, pretty sad, huh? Well, it motivated me to actually study for the test. Didn't fail any of the other tests, though.B|

So, yes it can and has happened. And yes you will be made fun of and yes, if you fail, you definately owe beer for failing. If you pass you owe beer as well. Just bring beer.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Anyone know of someone failing a license test?

Going to do one soon and realised that I've never heard of this happening...

Why? You sound so worried dude! Just study the question out of the end of each section of the SIM and you'll do fine! Don't dwell on the negative!:)
=========Shaun ==========

Didn't mean to be funny but I've heard of people being 'coached' thru the exams and was wondering if it was that common. Maybe I should have worded the post differently.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Not worried, I know I'll piss all over it

Um, I don't think your S&TA would appreciate that. Just do a good job, no need to piss on it...:S

He's French.:D Sorry, English expression.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

I failed my "D" the first time. I just took it a couple weeks later, no big deal. It helped knowing what the questions were going to be. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I failed my B Test by one question. I actually knew the answer but put the wrong letter. I didn't feel bad about it I just studied the quiz learned the answers and got them all right when I took it again 2 weeks later... No worries... Now if you forget it is RED/SILVER then you got something to worry about;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I also failed my B by one question. I was at a DZ and the S&TA told me he was proctoring other tests and I could take my B if I wanted. I didn't study at all and I remember alot of them being pretty hard questions. :S I was expecting more AFF type questions, not horizontal cloud separation and altitude/times for hypoxia. I understood the concepts but just didn't have the numbers memorized. I need to retake that thing one day...

There isn't a written test for the A anymore, its an oral quiz. How hard it is depends on who gives it. The best I've seen so far has the oral quiz taking about an hour and is a good learning experience for the student. They end up having to explain why their answer is the correct answer, instead of just repeating what the SIM says.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I failed my A test twice before I finally passed (with the lowest passable score). I made up for it, though, by passing the D test twice.

I probably should have taken the time to learn the mistakes that I made the first time I failed the A test, but hey, beer awaits.

i failed my a lisc test back in 00' ...... ha dbeen jumping for two years by then and eally didj't have acess to a sim other than justbefore the test..... failed.... got a copy to borrow and 7 days later i passed it.... passed he b,c,and d test with no problem...