sabregrl

Has this happened to you (gross picture included)

A friend had a similar but not at all as sever popped vein in one of his eyes after the spin test during his freefall progression. It basically healed with time and it took a while for all the blood to be reabsorbed.

Blood vessels in the eye pop easier for some people than for others and can even pop from plain high blood pressure or physical exertion. It’s a good idea to have a doctor check it promptly for serious complications like retinal detachment, which can also result from physical exertion.
There is a lot of stuff worth doing but then there is a lot of stuff worth doing instead.

Yeah, this happened to me too... about 6 weeks ago at Perris. Didn't notice till the end of the day and someone said "what the hell's wrong with your eye" :)
Think it could have been when my head slightly connected with the door on exit :S:P

Took about two weeks to clear up, and i was jumping every day without problems.

It went a nice yellowy colour as it was healing, but there was never any pain, just occasionally a bit itchy ;)

Biggest hastle is everyone saying... "Oh my god what's wrong with your eye" ...as i'm sure you allready know :)

Update on my eye today: The blood is slowly oozing (or redistributing) throughout my eye. I'm assuming that by the end of the week, the entire white part (sclera) will be blood red. There is no pain so it hurts everyone else more than me. The eye doctor said that it will get darker red and get worse before it gets better. Thanks for everyone's comments and insights into the problem. I'm glad I'm not the only skydiver who has seen this. In other words, I'm not the only freaky looking person :)

my eyes looked alot like that after my cornea transplants. I can't remember the guys name, but back in the 50's, NASA had this rocket sled that accelerated like something out of a sci-fi movie and deceled jsut as hard. The guy who rode that thing had red eye so bad that his entire eye looked red. You couldn't tell what color his eyes were!

-Blind

I remember watching that vid in Physics class! It was a rocket sled on traintracks that hit deep water at the same time as the brakes were applied... He fractured some ribs and his eyes actually came out of the sockets! He lookes like an alien afterwards.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Barb -

Maybe you should wear an eye patch . . . like a pirate. They you could join Jerry Seinfeld on The Today Show with his puffy shirt.

Really, I'm glad it doesn't hurt that badly and I hope it heals well, and heals quickly.

;)
FunBobby

Edited - damn typo.

Hey Bobby, you forgot the picture, but as the admiral said "you were not very good-looking to begin with" :o

Thanks for reminding me, Art.

Actually, his exact words were "Well, you are not a good looking individual to begin with anyway, so it just doesn't matter..."

:P

FunBobby

Hi Sabre girl

Enjoy your eye you earned it. Wearing sunglasses and you meet someone you don't like, Give them the Evil eye.

Remember Arnarld (You new gov) In the Terminator movie? He had a eye problem, that he took care of himself.

So have you come up with any good unbeliveable B.S. stories (or true) how you got the evil eye?

Bar fight, Boxing, walked into door knob, Dog did it with head butt.?

Come on guy's help this lady out with some good B.S. stories She 's going to have the "Evil eye" for up to a month.

Maybe your a Gypsy and you eye gets like that when someone asks a dumb question, or It's infectious don't stand to close:o.

The sabre story isn't badB| But only for a limited audience.

Maybe Buy me a drink and I'll tell or don't buy me a drink and I'll show you.

BTW the eye don't look bad. For a prize fighterB|

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

I've seen worse when a diver didn't clear their mask, then pulled it off their face at 40 feet. 2 black eyes and eyes that loked like Marolyn Manson. We laughd at him for weeks before it went away. To answer your question, nope, never happened to me.

Derek

Same thing happened to a buddy diver...he's now known as Da Badger...

Cheers, sabregrl

Hey...ho...let's go!

Anybody remember 'Diana' in the Alien invasion series 'V'.....?
See a similarity?

lol :D

(Ouch..looks sore...hope it heals up ok)

That is about one of the most obscure reference I have heard in some time. Good job, I'm impressed.

Don't worry Sabregirl - you will fit in with the rest of the freaks in CA :P