Monkeyb

I offered several of my friends an opportunity for a free tandem and none took it

You wanna make friends at a dz, show up with pizza and a case of beer

show up on Friday NIGHT with a case of beer, not Sat morrning...

Sorry just thought I would point that little bit out.

Could be bad the other way.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Well I don't really have a car, and my parents car has horribly fucked up transmission. I doubt it would make it to the DZ, and if it did, it deffinately wouldn't make the way back, so I sort of needed a ride.

Whatever, I'm already shafted and have to do the retake. Although I would have felt alot better paying for someones tandem instead of flushing the money on a lame AFF retake. Someone would have a free tandem, and I would have had a friend who's never jumped come to the DZ with me.

Well I don't really have a car, and my parents car has horribly fucked up transmission. I doubt it would make it to the DZ, and if it did, it deffinately wouldn't make the way back, so I sort of needed a ride.

Whatever, I'm already shafted and have to do the retake. Although I would have felt alot better paying for someones tandem instead of flushing the money on a lame AFF retake. Someone would have a free tandem, and I would have had a friend who's never jumped come to the DZ with me.

Take the Tandem money and rent a car.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

When I first moved to Berkeley, I didn't have a car, but I did have 600 skydives. I called the local DZ (about 1.5 hours away), and they put me in touch with another jumper, who gave me a ride to the DZ on several occasions. I'm sure that there is someone who lives close to you, who would like the company and a free jump ticket in exchange for the ride.

Maybe post in Bonfire.

Maybe post in Bonfire.

I'd say post it in Events and Places to Jump. List your DZ, where you live and that you're looking for a ride to it on the weekends and are willing to chip in for gas money.

I know I'd be happy to drive other people out to the DZ who needed a ride and lived near me. Just be sure to put the DZ in the post subject.

Your profile says you live in Glendale... if that's Glendale California and you're going out to Perris, then I can't imagine that you can't hook up with other Dropzoners heading out to jump at such a large DZ.
I'll probably head out there on the 16th and 19th of this month if you're looking for a ride.
PM me or shoot me an email

joe

Heading to Perris tomorrow (Saturday June 12th). Message me by 7AM Saturday and I will pick you up.

Nick

PS: and how did Ron get a booty post out of this thread?????????????

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I had a friend who came with me for my first jump (support, you see). It was supposed to only be one tandem....well, the rest is history, 8 years and over 1900 jumps later....

Well, she saw how much I enjoyed my first jump and kept saying that 'If she had the money, she'd make a jump too'!

Imagine her surprise when she opened her Christmas gift! A fully paid tandem gift certificate! She made the date for the jump....drove out to the DZ....and promptly gave me the gift certificate back. :S She didn't go...and hasn't to this day.

Ya never know...

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon