sum1mom

Newbie Sucky Exits

I did a single front flip on my hop and pop. I was about halfway "down the hill" when I started to lose control and looked down, I quicky got "faith in my arch" and ended up belly to earth though.[/reply

My first hop n pop I did about 10 flips before I evened out. I kept saying to myself, don't panic and amazingling after all the flips I still had like a thousand feet beore I needed to pull.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I did a single front flip on my hop and pop. I was about halfway "down the hill" when I started to lose control and looked down, I quicky got "faith in my arch" and ended up belly to earth though.

Does that still meet the requirement? I sometimes get it right, but more often do a single flip.

I sucked for my first 7 jumps, noone could tell what i was doing wrong. One day we drew a smiley face on on the underside of the 182s' wing and i kept that in my sight for as long as possible. It worked a treat, now my exits are fine :)

I did a single front flip on my hop and pop. I was about halfway "down the hill" when I started to lose control and looked down, I quicky got "faith in my arch" and ended up belly to earth though.

Does that still meet the requirement? I sometimes get it right, but more often do a single flip.

Yeah, my instructors acted like it was fairly normal. I got cleared for my 5 second freefal then went up and did it and flipped out of control and pulled while on my back but got signed off on it to so I think as long as you pull on the first few you are ok.

Greenie in training.

Have many of you suffered through the exit syndrome??

Nope, can't help ya. Nutin but perfect exits forever! j/k ;) Quit trying so hard and just arch into the relative wind whether diving or floating. Pacience is what skydiving is all about. One day it will just happen and you'll be asking yourself, "what did I do right?" Hang in there!
:S

Thanks Conway!! You guys have been wonderful to me!! I know that I'll do well on the next jump, because I don't have to freakin' dive!!!!!!! I'm relaxed in freefall, its the exit that i'm nutted up on.

It'll be my check out dive, so....yay!! more funny films for the instructors to watch!!:$:D

Can't wait to get back up!!

Okay, Conway, you must already know that I'm horrified of the Cessna !! I was manifested and ready to go one day after my first disasterous solo exit (14k recovered at 9K) and they had me set to go on the Cessna...I said NO WAY!! :D Need more altitude!!!

To answer your question I'm one of those "Spaceland Otter Babies.":ph34r:

Spoiled I guess.:)

[:/]>:(:|:|

Wont be there this weekend. Took a week of vacation to dedicate to skydive and and freakin RAINED ALL WEEK!! Leaving town today for a camping trip. I DONT WANNA GO!!

Anyway, my instruction is great, the airplane is wonderful. My problem is JUMPING from the plane instead of stepping out into the RW. I just want out so bad and I rush things...that is really my stupid problem with exits.

Can't wait to get back in town to the DZ. I know that you'll be flying in those blue skies that I'll be sweating under[:/]

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Okay, Conway, you must already know that I'm horrified of the Cessna !! I was manifested and ready to go one day after my first disasterous solo exit (14k recovered at 9K) and they had me set to go on the Cessna...I said NO WAY!! :D Need more altitude!!!

I'm a cessna kid. My sucky exits were at 10k, and I was recovered by 9.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

I'm a cessna kid. My sucky exits were at 10k, and I was recovered by 9.

Cessna guy here as well, my sucky exits were at 4k though :P

Greenie in training.

i practice ugly exits.at my dz we have funneled in the door.but they are all fun

:ph34r::ph34r:

And by the way....I'm gonna use the "burble from the landing gear" as my next excuse... that is hysterical.

I've got 'em down. We're gonna try a diff'rnt approach tommorow.....now that there are blue skies AND I'm IN TOWN.

Conway, thanks for the advice on the floater. I'm gonna try it after my checkout/graduation dive. Gawd, that loooks and feels like a very stable exit.

i absolutely HATE exits, on the other hand, I just can't wait to get out. :S

I need therapy.:ph34r: