quade

Jakarta - jump plane accident - FATALITY - Press Clips

http://gleninnes.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&category=general%20news&story_id=320370&y=2004&m=7

Glen Innes family loses only daughter in Jakarta tragedy
Tim Hughes
Monday, 12 July 2004

MEMBERS OF THE Glen Innes community were deeply shocked to learn yesterday morning of the death of former Glen Innes woman, Priscilla Hall, 36, who was killed when a small airplane in which she was a passenger nosedived into a lake at an Indonesian mountain resort on Sunday night.

Ms Hall, the only daughter of Don and Frances Hall of 'Yarranlea', Glen Innes, has been working in Indonesia for two and a half years, and was undertaking a parachuting exercise when the plane plunged into Lake Lido, south of Jakarta.

Ms Hall's companion Will Allison was also killed in the tragic accident, along with three others.

According to Indonesian police reports, the small Cessna plane, which appeared to experience engine trouble, was usually based at the Lido resort for parachute jumps.

Ms Hall, who attended Glen Innes Primary School and later Kambala School in Sydney, for many years worked in her family's travel agency businesses in Glen Innes and Armidale.

After moving to Indonesia she established a homewares design and manufacturing business with her sister-in-law Melanie Hall, whose husband Stewart is also based in Jakarta.

Mr and Mrs Hall flew to Jakarta yesterday from north Queensland, where they had been holidaying.

Ms Hall's body will be brought back to Australia and a funeral service held in Glen Innes on a date to be fixed.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What confused me was that this just popped up on a Google search as "posted 20 minutes ago", the date and the word "yesterday".

Sorry for causing any confusion myself.

Guess it popped up because they released the names of those in the plane yesterday. It might have taken them that long to both find and identify....or perhaps the family supressed the information.

What I'd like to know is why the pilot chose the lake to land in. And why, if a plane can land there they didn't have enough time to get out. Doesn't a plane like this float for awhile? They said that it landed gently.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Guess it popped up because they released the names of those in the plane yesterday.

And one of those names was Edy Christiano - he was very helpful to me on a couple of inquiries I had from Indonesia regarding gear when I worked at Square One.

Two former customers of mine have died in the past week or so. Ten years ago I couldn't have imagined knowing someone who died on the other side of the world. I guess the more people you meet in this sport, the more likely it is that you'll know someone involved in an incident.

Some days I wish I'd never left the little Cessna dz I grew up at...

That's rough, I've jumped at the Lido operation and remember the area fondly.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Here is a picture of the runway in Lido. As you can see there is not much free area to land. The lake is just before the runway at the (17 de marking). Which is the only free area. It was reported that the aircraft was floating on the lake for a few minutes before it went down. The injuries on the pilot and jumpers indicated that the impact was too hard to survive. The jumper from Australia had taken off his harness.

The picture was taken by Rony who was in the aircraft at the accident, he was about to do his first commercial tandem jump as a tandem instructor. He was also a very good Square1 customer and registered here at DZ.com (adriono) [:/]. He was one of the greatest guys in Indonesia I ever meet. We did our Tandem Instructor course together.

We did a memorial jump last weekend in Bali, sunset at Kuta Beach. A jump we will never forget.

blues
Marcus

I was just researching this crash as I  wasn't sure of the date

The crash Edy was on went tail first.and strange how there is a record of a third...it was the C-182 as the Platus Porter we used wasn't avaiable for Lido.

I also had a bad crash there resulting from down sizing and 3 months off..It was this crashed involving Edy and the oother Indonesian Officers which resulted in me getting out of the sport till recently.Going to Perris in Feb for 2 weeks.

I think there is the only one crash and going to touch bases with some military peole in those parts.I lived in Asia for 14 years.

Pic is of all the Indonesians that perished...my AFF course in  Feb.2000

Sad for sure

Steve Austin SOS 2656

Skydive Jakarta Eddie & Crew.pdf Skydive Jakarta Cert.pdf