sdctlc

Idaho State Record

I know its not the biggest formation built but here is the report from the Seattle Skydivers July Newsletter on the Idaho State record 34-way a couple of weekends ago at Snake River Skydiving in Star Idaho. Organizer was Jeff Sanders and Video/Still was done by Dave Hoyt. Fun time was had by all and the DZ had a great party after despite the thunder storm that rolled in that evening......

Scott C.

http://www.seattleskydivers.org/ssd-news-july-2004.pdf

New Idaho State Record
Reported by Scott Callantine

On Saturday June 26th, 2004 at Snake River Skydiving in Star, Idaho, 34 skydivers from around the Northwest gathered to break the previous state record 30-way. DZO Larry Shumard had brought in a Twin Otter from Kapowsin Air Sports, a Turbin 207 from West-Plains Skydiving and had scheduled a turbo 206 from 9 am to 3 pm. With high hopes, we gathered at 8:00 am to dirt dive. The plan was for 4 attempts at setting the state record, with any extra jumping time devoted to making a sequential attempt with the same group. After dirt diving and making some quick adjustments we would have been ready to go, but one key element was missing … the 206. Larry had chartered it for a limited time and it was running late. Not wanting to waste any time, dive organizer Jeff Sanders decided to put up a 28-way practice dive. It went well but showed some glitches that needed to be changed before we took up all 34. When we landed, the 206 had arrived and was getting ready. The 206 brought with it a new challenge: after arriving late, it also needed to leave early, only leaving time for two attempts. Knowing time was short we loaded up and took off. The airplanes were in position, and on “go” out we went. The formation built smoothly and was completed on the first jump right above the dropzone. Idaho had a new state record 34-way! With time for one more attempt we set out to complete the sequential; though the formation built faster, there was one jumper out. Although we did not complete the sequential dive, we had accomplished the goal for the day: a new Idaho state record 34-way!

Photo by Dave Hoyt
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Which one are you, Scotty?!?!?! :)

I am in the wacker at 11 o-clock. I am the guy in the blue and black suit with the two white suites docked on me... Pat Aurther and Pat Planagan

Scott C.

Which one are you, Scotty?!?!?! :)

I am in the wacker at 11 o-clock. I am the guy in the blue and black suit with the two white suites docked on me... Pat Aurther and Pat Planagan

Yea!!!! :)

:ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Is it true that there were some locals (idahoeans)that were, shall we say....pissed at not being selected for the dive? Was it because they were'nt up to snuff?.....or more were they an unknown? Nothing against Jeff for organizing or anything!.............. I was supposed to be at his retirement party this weekend....but had to work saturday.........dem bastards bossesssss types.....

just something that I came down the wires......

Congrats to all:

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Is it true that there were some locals (idahoeans)that were, shall we say....pissed at not being selected for the dive? Was it because they were'nt up to snuff?.....or more were they an unknown? ......
just something that I came down the wires......

I have no idea about that. I can say that a good number of the jumpers were from Idaho. A few were from Spokane and a few from Montana. I live in the Seattle area now but did live in Idaho for a number of years. If fact I did my first jump in Idaho, does that count.

If there were any rumblings I did not hear them. Also I was suprised that a number of jumpers from the Caldwell DZ's were not over there this year. Competing DZ's I guess.. I dont know how many regulars they have there but if some of them felt left out I dont know

Scott C.

Jaye, did ya figure out what a whacker is yet? ;)

Nice looking record you got there. You going down to Mollola for the NW record in a few weeks? I can't make up my mind.

It is on my calendar and I sent in the information that was requested. I am hoping that some more info comes out about it though. I got a little info from Keri after asking for it the other day.

Come on John, do it..... ;)

I've been jumping quite a bit lately with Beesley (from Montana) who was also in this formation. He and Blaine Wright organize most of our 20 way loads.

On another note Greg Nardi is bringing his King Air down to Caldwell again this weekend. It takes a little more than five minutes to get to altitude. So you may want to take this in.....Steve1

I've been jumping quite a bit lately with Beesley (from Montana) who was also in this formation. He and Blaine Wright organize most of our 20 way loads.

I know Beeze fairly well given I have been jumping with him on the 8-way team he jumps with. If he gets that look in his eye, run.....

Scott C.

Is it true that there were some locals (idahoeans)that were, shall we say....pissed at not being selected for the dive?

I chose the core of divers based on who was current, and/or who showed and interest amongst the local skydivers. Since the Caldwell jumpers avoid my place like the plague, they didn't get any consideration. Its a shame too, since we don't really do the "DZ Politics" thing at Snake River Skydiving.
Those who chose not to attend for whatever reason missed a great Boogie, huge GRASS landing area, swimming pool, a dinner and beer that came WITH the registration and a hell of a lot of fun. Maybe I'll see them next Boogie on October 9/10/11 when we jump a CARAVAN????

Larry D-16806