syntax

storm jumpers

I'd just like to take the oppurtunity to share my favourite d.z. story.A couple of old time skydivers were on a demo in the middle of the city and whilst on jump run at 5000 ft noticed there was a bit of cloud but everything seemed ok. However upon openening it was obvious they were going anywhere but down as they were storm clouds and ended up going up until they couldnt breathe.Both jumpers cut away and new that if they opened too high they'd be in the same situation so had to open at around 1000 feet.Both landing kilometers from the demo! What do you all think?Is this possible,or just a d.z. tall tale?
------------------------------------skydiving...the grounds the limit!

Quite a few years ago, there was a story in Parachutist of an Aussie demo jumper who got sucked way up into a thunderstorm, finally chopped, free fell down to about a grand, then opened his reserve. Don't think he landed on target or anything. Sounds like your story might have been grown from this tale.

Quite a few years ago, there was a story in Parachutist of an Aussie demo ***

This was one of the Ramblers from Toogoolawa, first name Rick, I don't remember his last name, and he got quite a good paycheque from Readers Digest for the story. True story, not an urban legend, I knew him and I spent several years jump at that DZ.

They were practicing a CRW demo for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Brisbane.

Long and short of it was he had to be collected from a Pub he landed near, Or so the story was told to me by him.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I'd just like to take the oppurtunity to share my favourite d.z. story.A couple of old time skydivers were on a demo--------.Both landing kilometers from the demo! What do you all think?Is this possible,or just a d.z. tall tale?

I just read your profile - Dave McEvoy was on this demo along with Rick, I think Peter Nobbs and Geoff Holmes were the other two in volved. As far as I'm aware Rick was the only one to get sucked up as it were.
say Hi to Dave,Egon, Sarg and the rest for me when you see them next.

Steve McCurley
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

You might order a book called "The Man Who Rode the Thunder" by William H. Rankin.

It's available from Amazon.com, maybe you can get it at a library.

Blue Skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."