idlewild70

Free Fall Speed?

so, i made a jump with a buddy neptune. I was belly to earth and he was in a sit, about 3 feet in front of me. we checked the neptune after we landed, and we were falling at 140mph. im thinking i might be good on hybrid jumps when i get more experience.

anyone else match fall rates with someone in a sit at 19 jumps?
-Fish

Blue skies, Soft landings

Ohhh yea, belly avg 160 to 180, depends on the arch, I thought the pro track was lieing til I jumped w/ some ff. HD 199mph. Think I need one of those old balloon suits. But, as you get better fall rates get better. I heard ff should be at 150 or so, I don't know how I'm gonna pull that one off. It's all apart of fkying the freaky skies. :D:D:ph34r::ph34r:
fatones.

We need to hook up brother, I need some belly people to fly with.***
Matt, take him on the offer. It may get you a full page photo on Parachutist mag...;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

That is f-ing bookin it. You need to learn to cup and slow down prabably along with a very baggy jump suit. When you start to free fly you will probably go very fast. I know I fall about 125 in RW (when I tried it) and sit at about 135-144mph, but I can slow stuff down to around 109 on my bell if I have to or in a track. It will suck for you if you can't control that fast rate and you start jumping in bigger groups or start to free fly. Im no skydiving expert but 140 is a hell of a belly speed, but what fun, huh?

Blues,
Mark

Yup, my AFF speeds were 140-160mph. I thought it was normal to have your instructor in front of you in a sit position :D.

Get a suit thats extra phat in lower arms and legs, double material as well. it slowed me down a good 15 mph over a baggy flappy suit that I was using post AFF.

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

At 19 jumps I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re still in an exaggerated student arch. That’s the best body pos for stability but not for controllability or fall rate. Get coaching, I bet 90% of your speed is down to your body position rather than your jumpsuit. That said, if you want to start doing RW – get the right tool for the job and in this case that means a properly fitted suit.

140 to 160 mph is gonna cause some hard openings also check to make sure your equipment can sustain higher opening speed I weigh 205 out the door and I had one of the hardest openings after not slowing down enough coming out of a stand protrak said 160 max speed I'll never did that again scared the hell out of me I took some tracking lesons also and had an average speed of 109 its amazing how you can slow your fall rate