foreverfree

Cheapest tickets for HOP n POPs?

I don't know if it is the cheapest, but it sure is nice and cheap. Skydive Ogden out in Ogden Utah charges their fun jumpers $9 for hop n' pops. Plus both DZs close to me in CO (one a 20 minute drive and the other a 90 minute drive) both charge me $15 for 4k hop n' pops. Who knows what altitude you'll actual get, but don't ask the pilot at one of these local DZs for a little more than the standard 4k because they will call up manifest and manifest will charge you for 8k even if the pilot only gives you 4.5k ... something that happened to me earlier this summer. And they wonder why I'm a little perplexed with their operation? >:(

Skydive Ogden rocks for their fun jumper cheap jump tickets. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

although I don't remember where it is, but my dz's pilot told me of $5 hop'n'pops to 3 grand. I guess this was like a yr ago though, I dunno how they could afford to do it w/ today's gas prices?

I'll check on the location

Lodi does it on the climb up for everyone else. $15 to 12.5, so I guess it's not out of whack on cost.

you guys complain about gas prices.. your not paying 83p PER Litre for unleaded petrol !!

Who's complaining?

We just don't have the same taxation level applied to fuel. (Save in California, where we get taxed in the form of dubious cleaner fuel standards) In San Francisco bridge tolls are paying for a lot of mass transit, and then sales tax covers another chunk. I wouldn't object to hidden costs of oil (say, wars in the middle east) being paid for in the form of a surcharge.

That all aside, as jumpers we always want the best value we can get, measured in terms of cost or plane or availability. H&Ps have an incredible price range based I'd guess on the actual cost and the opportunity cost of that slot on the plane.

where is this...Lodi?

Lodi has $5, but I don't know the altitude. I just heard about it from another on Saturday. Just that the plane is climbing and the tail is low, so make sure you don't go high on exit.

For canopy play I'd want a bit more than 3.5 myself, and probably to practice the h&p pull a bit more. I really fucked one up on Saturday, was my third h&p to date.

yes...but where is this lodi?

3500 is plenty time to have fun w/ my landings and get in some nice ff. Love that ground rush! :D

Need to find lodi,tell! share!

yeah, central michigan skydivers offers hop'n'pops to 5500 (most of the time to 6 grand+ if the dzo is flying)for 10 bucks

BE THE BUDDHA!

$7 for H'n'Ps from our 182 at sky knights in wisconsin. Plane flies with 3.

Very quick ride.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka