freeflyfree

What location in the world for the cheapest ticket to altitude?

You see now i cant say how much it costs from there. From San Fran you might even fly round the pacific way o Russia isnt?

Key in the math for me would be how far these DZs are from the major tourist hubs like Moscow or St. Petersburg. Or from London, I suppose; it's usually the cheapest destination from San Francisco.

I'd never come out ahead if the travel was just about jumping, and not about hitting cities I'd like to pass by anyway.

Maaaan!

I must have had it tough. Just completed a 10 year tour in Saudi. Last couple years we were jumping from C-130's and twin rotor choppers - jump prices, ZERO. And some of the C-130 loads we had 15 or 20 jumpers aboard.

What a problem?!

Now back in Australia. At least I get double bang for buck in a wingsuit. Many jumps I'm still in free fall .... watching canopies land (yes, they exited same pass).

Blue Skies,

fergsB|

Regarding Russian DZs. Stupino is 100Km to the South from Moscow. Good highway, takes me 1 hour to get there from home. Kolomna is 120Km to the South-East, traffic sometimes jammy. You can post your appeal for transportation here http://www.dropzone.ru/guestbook.shtml, write in English - no problem, somebody will pick you up and get to DZ. People are friendly and it's normal practice. So, you can stay in Moscow 5star hotel, go to jump in the morning, jump the day, come back and go to the theatre in the night.
You are ALL wellcome!!!
Alex

Regarding Russian DZs. Stupino is 100Km to the South from Moscow. Good highway, takes me 1 hour to get there from home. Kolomna is 120Km to the South-East, traffic sometimes jammy. You can post your appeal for transportation here http://www.dropzone.ru/guestbook.shtml, write in English - no problem, somebody will pick you up and get to DZ. People are friendly and it's normal practice. So, you can stay in Moscow 5star hotel, go to jump in the morning, jump the day, come back and go to the theatre in the night.
You are ALL wellcome!!!
Alex

I can recommend this!
Been there last year (sadly only had time for 1 day of jumping) but the friendly people, waaaay cheep jump prices and nice An28 where awesome...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hehe

I went strictly for jumping but you can hardly avoid being in Moscow!! St Petersburg is not that much distance anyway! (Well by US and Russian standards..being large countries). By UK standards...its still not that far.

Jarno....only one day of jumping!? Thats officially what a call a catastrophe!! That helicopter...oh man oh man!!

Even with the new prices the Russian DZs still got a claim for being rather the cheapest non special offer jump tickets around.

well we are offering this package at skydive auckland, mercer, new zealand. This is all in new zealand dollars.....
# 200 JUMP PACKAGE Your choice of Freefly and/or RW NZ$7400 200 jump price package includes: 20 camera jumps(you jump our cameras)
# 20 coach jumps with video
(RW or Freefly)
# Canopy handling seminar
# RW or Freefly seminars
# Video Editing course
# Load organising
# Free beer card(20 odd beers)
# Free BBQ nights
# Free airport transfers
# Pool competition/big screen
party at Muddy Waters Tavern
* Additional jumps NZ$30 each
* Accommodation NZ$10 per night
(not included in package)
* Package is based on using own rig
* Gear hire available $30 per jump Optional wet weather activities:
Hot Thermal Pools, Cinemas,
Go Karts, Rock Climbing
All that for 7400nzdollars, can't go wrong.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

You are ALL wellcome!!!
Alex

no need to.
before we came we were told that the hotel in kolomna is "ok"...
most of us stayed in the "ok" rooms which werent bad at all, but a few spoiled brats needed better rooms.
it turns out that the hotel have about 3-4 types of room ranging from the basic (20-25 $ per room of 2) to a luxary 2 bedroom suit (about 100$).

we also went on a day trip to moscow. you simply signal a local car (doesnt have to be a taxi) and tell them where you want to go. usually, they will take you whereever you want for a few $$.

btw, as i said, the normal rooms are pretty ok and there is a supermarket right next to the lobby so you dont have to eat the crap they serve as breakfast B|

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."