airtwardo

TSA Changes Waiver Process

TSA Changes Waiver Process

The TSA has changed the process by which it
issues waivers to skydivers for demo jumps
into large stadium events and motor speedway events.

~Any waivers issued previously are invalid ~

Effective immediately;

Demo jumpers must apply for a TSA waiver via
a new government website,

https://waiver.tfr.faa.gov.

Initially, all demo jumpers must log in as a
“new user.”

Jump pilots are not required to apply for a waiver if the flight does not penetrate the restricted airspace of three mile radius and 3,000 feet over the event.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

In addition to the background check, they are working on this:

"This process will be supplemented by a fingerprint-based criminal history check. That process is being developed. A list of fingerprint sites will be published on this website. There will be a fee established for this service. The fingerprint results will be reviewed by TSA and will form the basis for approving or denying your request."

So some day soon, you will have to go get your fingerprints taken and submit them to the TSA to get approval for a demo jump...

What, no DNA sample?

***Jump pilots are not required to apply for a waiver if the flight does not penetrate the restricted airspace of three mile radius and 3,000 feet over the event.

I guess this will keep the "terrorist skydivers" from jumping into a crowded stadium and doing terror swoops on unsuspecting spectators! I'm an FAA air traffic controller and this so-called hightened level of security since 9/11 is a crock of sh*t. It makes the headlines and the average Joe-Blow citizen thinks that the TSA, FAA, FBI and every other alphabet soup agency trying to justify their budget, really cares about their safety and well being. Instead it just puts more restrictions on those that want to use a system that our tax dollars have paid for. It's funny how that when granny refuses a strip search at the airport she's immediately taken into custody and threatened with Federal felony charges but any body that can walk can cross the Mexican/Canadian border and they only get a free ride home when they are caught.>:(

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Does that mean no special waiver is required if jump run is above 3,000 AGL?

I understand it to mean...3000' agl~

AND the Three Mile Radius.

No Waiver...Cross Country Time!
:ph34r:

I guess it shows the waiver is written by
someone that no doubt, knows little of jump proceedures.

Wouldn't expect anything 'less'!
;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I just read the TFR. It prohibits parachute operations below 3,000 AGL, too. I guess no cross-country.

Look out for Al Qaeda powered para-gliders to do biological weapons runs from 3,001 feet. Or they could just crash their planes into the stadium and worry about the FAA citing them for violating the TFR. :P What a stupid rule.

Look out for Al Qaeda powered para-gliders to do biological weapons runs from 3,001 feet. Or they could just crash their planes into the stadium and worry about the FAA citing them for violating the TFR. What a stupid rule.

They can't do that because it is against the rules.:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals