skymaster

Skysthelimit NJ dz and court!??!

I have heard some roomers that there are problems with the dz and court about the noise and that they have to move or close down. Have any of you heard about it and what is the story? I'm not into politics, I would just like to hear the real thing from the roomer.:S
Happieness is not achieved by the persuit of it,its generaly the by-product of the things we do in life!

Yeah, that's nice, but the thread doesn't offer any information, and the artlice linked from the thread is no longer online.

So does anyone know WTF is going on with them?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Yeah, that's nice, but the thread doesn't offer any information, and the artlice linked from the thread is no longer online.

So does anyone know WTF is going on with them?

Well, you could go to USPA.org and get the phone number and web address for the drop zone and call them directly. It's a weekend, so somebody should be around. Most drop zones would rather interested jumpers just call for the real scoop, rather than rely on rumors from the Internet.

You can see the Skys The Limit web site at: http://skydive.skysthelimit.net/, or call them at 973-940-6998.

Tom Buchanan
Author JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

The Otter is at Skys the Limit starting this Weekend (April 3, 2004) All is well. Don't listen to the Rumors or the Newspapers...If that were the case All DropZones and Airports for that matter would be shut down. They replaced the old Packing Tent and installed Showers for this Summer. There are also 4 Ways Scrambles throught out the summer. Take a look at the recently updated Schedule on the web site www.skysthelimit.net or email mainifest at [email protected]

Don't listen to the Rumors or the Newspapers...

Your flat out denials are of little insight...

Are you saying the court case didn't happen? Or that the judge did not rule as reported? Or that the facts as reported are incorrect? Please expand...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I've been to a few places where they have a big barrel jar at the manifest. If you buy something in town visit they ask that you get a receipt and put it in the barrel. It would be interesting to see the season tally from a typical dz running just one turbine aircraft.

I actually just got back from STL. Yes there was a write up in the paper, and it was COMPLETLY LYING!!!!! STL just closed for the holidays. Every year locals seem to go around spreading the rumor that STL is going to be shut down, or whatnot. It's not, just til January... which is too bad because today would be a GORGOUS day to jump B|:):)
CReW skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Bubbles-

I am a regular jumper at Skys The Limit and it serves no purpose for me if the drop zone shuts down. I do not think that by me posting the article I am spreading a rumor. The case was heard in court, to say that the paper was completely lying is a bit strong.

I was out to the dz on Saturday and there were two planes tied down and not a soul about on a perfect day for jumping, maybe it is just a huge coincidence. While I was at the dz I called a jumper who lives in town and jumps at STL a few days a week. He told me it had been shut down.

Skys The Limit is a fantastic dz and they bend over backwards to get jumpers in the air. (I do not know of many dz's that will put up a cessna with two fun jumpers) I have been jumping at Skys The limit for years and would like to continue to do so.

What I do not understand is this, if you are correct and they just decided to change the hours of operation why not send out an email? It takes two minutes. I know I have gotten email from manifest with far less important information. If there is in fact a problem, let it be known. More awareness will only generate more support.

After I was at the dz on Saturday I stopped by both a gas station and a deli on my way home. The skydiving sweatshirt I was wearing initiated the same conversation from the employees at each establishment - "its a shame they shut you guys down".

What would you think?

No I didn't mean you were spreading a rumor. I meant nothing of the sort. I'm sorry you took it that way. I meant the locals, the reporters, not skydivers. You like any other jumper just wants to know what's up. Sorry if it came across wrong.

Well i don't know why they didn't send out an e-mail, i just know that I was there today, talking to manifest for a good 1/2 hour. Maybe they did have to shut down, but I'm just repeating what I heard from manifest today.

blue skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I had heard the same, and I was bummed cuz I had a jump ticket on accoutn and it is close, although I wount be jumping until january anyway.

stupid fib ;)

I even tried to get a 182 in sussex for the de-dropzoned newtonians ;)

PS how you doing bubbles???

Cheers and blues...

Skyjunky Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

"Someone from manifest"...does that mean that there will still be people there periodically? The phone message says "Open in January" but that you can still buy gift certificates if you leave a message.

I'm asking because they've got my rig in to replace its risers, and I want it. It's my...uh, pre-second rig. :D I left a message this morning, I guess I'll just see what happens.
Well, the door was open...