jonstark

Gus Wing bio?

Can anybody fill us in with a good bio of Gus?

Where was he from? What did he do before moving to Deland?

I met him years ago in Deland when he would come for the boogies. Then he moved there to go full time skydiver.

My favorite series of pictures was taken by Gus. He stayed pretty far away from the first 100 way and passed it. The pictures showed dramaticly the size and shape of the accomplishment. Above, on level, below. Very cool.

That man sure had an eye!

Careful what you post here.Big brother is watching.I was just contacted by the Today show looking for info on Gus.They tracked me down through a long line of family from info they got here.

Sorry you had to deal with that. All you peeps that knew him must be going through hell. I'm still shocked by it all.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I got tracked down today by someone from the Orlando Sentinal, it was weird, the guy who owns the barn where I keep my horse, (I also do the website for the barn) called me at church and said this gy contacted him looking for me about this.

I only knew of Gus, because he is a legend, and now the best videograper in heaven. An I got tracked down... I have a feeling the whuffo world is gonna make this ugly and blow it all out of porportion.

I posted this in another thread, just a thought to consider.

Umm...i already saw your post in the other thread. I really don't know anything about him to post anyway. But i think responding to the peeps that knew him with well wishes is fine, so i'm not sure why you don't want me posting anything.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I find it very sad to think the press would have to resort to tracking info on Gus this way. He has so many credits to his name that I find it hard to believe they couldn't search them out themselves.

Gus was truely one of the most genuine people I've ever met in the skydiving community and we are all saddened by this event.

We all want to know WHY and HOW; however, it would be nice to allow the truth to manifest itself without speculation and accusation by us or any outside sources.

Soar with Eagles, Gus. Say HI to Michelle, Hol and Raff for me...they too were some of the most genuine.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I posted this in another thread, just a thought to consider.

Umm...i already saw your post in the other thread. I really don't know anything about him to post anyway. But i think responding to the peeps that knew him with well wishes is fine, so i'm not sure why you don't want me posting anything.

I really doubt it was directed at you personally.

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

i'm not sure why you don't want me posting anything.

Never said that...not aimed at you...don't care what you post.

These people are friends, and there is some premature speculation and conclusions being drawn and discussed.

Just wanted to possibly check the static and allow
time to grieve

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I got a message on my home phone answering machine from an Orlando Sentinel reporter, too. My only guess is he read my post saying I talked to Gus the day before the incident, and got my name from my profile, and found my phone number via white pages. Whatever.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

They tracked me down too, he seemed bvery disappointed with my answer - I thnk it was "Fuck Off" or something like that (pleased to help Gus ):P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

At last count there are now 9 threads regarding Gus Wing's death and the surrounding circumstances. Conversations are getting extremely fragmented and losing their effectiveness. I am locking this thread with four requests:

1) Please don't start any new threads - contain our conversations to these three:

For discussions regarding the details of the incident itself only:

Incidents Forum Thread

For condolences, memories, prayers, and other expressions of goodwill:

General Skydiving Forum Thread

For general conversations regarding the media using information obtained from dropzone.com:

Media Post In General Skydiving Forum

2) Please don't speculate. Facts are being gathered and will be released as they always are, when the facts themselves have been properly and responsibly applied to the investigation itself.

3) Please use good judgement when you post any information or opinions you have. Posting in anger or casting blame from a position outside the inner circle of this investigation does not contribute to conversations regarding this issue.

4) Gus was well-loved and widely known. Please remember that his family, friends, the media, and anyone involved in the investigation are reading these posts. Post responsibly. If you have information that you feel would be helpful to the investigators, call the DZO at Skydive DeLand and tell the DZO you have specific information about the incident.
Arrive Safely

John