SkyDiveCoastie

Failed Level IV 2 times!! Damn

i failed it 2 times..3rd time the manager from skydive miami made me a deal, he would take me up for a fun jump for rental fee only..50 bucks...i agreed..and passed the 3rd time..he said it was an excellent jump..i had a little hard landing....Wind screwed me up a little but other then that its all good...Im cleared for Level 5 so i will see how that goes :-D
Danny
The Sky Divin Coastie

Third times a charm, Fourth is time to find another sport. Just relax and dont think about dying, worry about passing and your only important thing to do keep an eye on your altitude. I dont mean stare at your altimeter the entire time but make a few quick glances and do what your jumpmaster tells you. Its really not that hard and when you realize this everything will fall into place.

BTW make sure you have a cypress!

Third times a charm, Fourth is time to find another sport. Just relax and dont think about dying, worry about passing and your only important thing to do keep an eye on your altitude.

Had to laugh when I read this: 14 years ago I did 4 Level IV AFFs and was so happy to pass! Then two Level 5s, and 6 and 7 in one day. Now I have 3600+ jumps, have been an instructor for more than 1,000 students, and am sure glad I didn't give up at 3!!!

DJan

Third times a charm, Fourth is time to find another sport. Just relax and dont think about dying, worry about passing and your only important thing to do keep an eye on your altitude.

Had to laugh when I read this: 14 years ago I did 4 Level IV AFFs and was so happy to pass! Then two Level 5s, and 6 and 7 in one day. Now I have 3600+ jumps, have been an instructor for more than 1,000 students, and am sure glad I didn't give up at 3!!!

:Dmeeeee too...that's funny! I didn't see my repeats as "failed" I just saw them as "I get to do it again" which I think taught me more than someone who breezed thru every level:S
D'Jan...I miss you so much...and Skratch...I really miss you all in Colorado.[:/] Just saw Steve Sissetti and SuperDave at a CRW Camp..and it was awesome! Colorado truly IS my "home":)

Third times a charm, Fourth is time to find another sport. Just relax and dont think about dying, worry about passing

Glad I'm even worse at other sports than skydiving ;)

I wouldn't think of any skydive as a failure. You exited a "perfectly good aircraft" and threw yourself at 200MPH at the ground. How many people will do that? You must have done something right to land safe to even make it to the debrief.

I do agree that relaxing is defenetly the key which is as easy to type as to say but friging hard to do in the air!!!
Blue Dreams Benno