peckerhead

Landing

or as Jonny Utah would say:
Flare even if you about to land on a cop!

Along those same lines, I once heard Bob Hoover say "If you are going to crash, fly the airplane as far into the crash as you can". ;)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

or as Jonny Utah would say:
Flare even if you about to land on a cop!

how should tjos one be understood,, Hada good laugh thinking about it...

Flare, even if you about to land on a cop!
or
"Flare even" if you about to land on a cop!

Would a US cop (or NPS) fine you if you don't flare even ?? :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Along those same lines, I once heard Bob Hoover say "If you are going to crash, fly the airplane as far into the crash as you can". ;)

If I remember right, Bob Hoover did crash one due to a refeuling mistake, and walked away quite nicely, thank-you--very-much.

I prefer to fly with pilots that have crashed one already. It shows they have the concept down pretty well. :)

The reason I posted this is because I have spent almost two and a half decades standing out at the pea pit screaming FLARE

Why wont they listen?

Is that the same as listening to Ralph scream "GO" in the plane at his student from 4 grand -- and those of us on the ground being able to hear him?? :D

PMS #394

I prefer to fly with pilots that have crashed one already. It shows they have the concept down pretty well.

Then you should feel pretty comfortable with Lloyd Bridges in the movie "Hot Shots":

"You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down on every one. Come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life.";)

Is that the same as listening to Ralph scream "GO" in the plane at his student from 4 grand -- and those of us on the ground being able to hear him??

You can hear Ralph in freefall. He is the only person I know who can yell at you while you are skydiving.

About two months ago I was jumping with Superboy & in freefall I heard him yell at me to pull high. That was the first time I've heard anyone in freefall.

PMS #394