friendofGod

Desperatly wanting too...

Jump again, but its almost as if I don't know where to begin, or how to go about it. The annual airshow that happens in my town started today and my husband & I were watching the Stearmans do their acrobatic stuff, I was absoulutely amazed but my mind kept wandering off each time they would go up vertically and stall and go over and back down prop first, I was "hooked" on that few seconds when they were upside down, imagining jumping from the stearman. Before I knew it I was thinking about all kinds of jumping scenerios and getting a bit of an adrenalin rush. Then my injury (which was far far from bad) comes back into mind and thats the end of my daydreaming. The I start beating myself up again, thinking if I would have, or if I should have, then I wouldnt have etc. etc... I know this has been discussed in other forums...(not my situation) but I just want advice, any advice on getting back into it. and getting over my instance of stupidity that got me hurt Thanks!;)
Exodus 20
Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven
1 cross + 3 nails = 4GVN

Just go and do it! I hadn't jumped in 10 years and in all that time I never stopped looking up at the sky wondering why I stopped. I couldn't come up with a good reason so I went to the local dropzone with my logbook and took the FJC. That was three years ago and even with the passing of two friends I haven't regretted it!!!!!!B| Remember, Always answer yourself it freefall!:)

Thanks racerman! I miss jumping so much! I don't and never really have had a home DZ except for where I took AFF, but that was in another state. I have my sights set on visiting another a small DZ near where I live and getting to know the people there. Maybe surrounding myself with it will help boost me along. In person, I am very shy and wont talk unless I'm spoken too first, so I have always drowned at big DZ's. I recently found out about this small one, so maybe that will be the ticket!
Exodus 20
1 cross + 3 nails = 4GVN

Just coming out to the dz and hanging and getting to know the people there will help get you ready to jump again. Bring your log book just in case you decide you're ready to go up again... ;)
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

you say your injury wasn't so bad. Is it possible that when you started jumping you figured you could either die or get hurt but figured it would happen only once? (Ok, sure, dead only once is a given...)Skydiving is a sport in which,if you stay with it long enough, could hurt you more than once. Several times, maybe. And not all of it just gets better and heals. Some of the injuries stay with us. So don't allow anyone or yourself to kid you. You can indeed get hurt again but it's a matter of sort of dismissing or almost denying that fact while doing all you can to minimize injury. But please don't let the fact that you could get hurt keep you grounded. You could just as easily - and it's very likely - never get hurt again. It's been done. Besides, it looks like you have some dreams to meet. Go for it.

Well let us know how you do, I hope you get up there soon.
Next weekend will be my first time up in almost five months, I have been recovering from an injury too (not skydiving related), I have missed jumping so much, I can’t wait to get up there.

Good Luck and GO GET SOME AIR!!!!!

Thanks to everybody for the advice and encouragement. I am going our of town next week for the Easter holiday, so when I get home I plan on visiting this little DZ nearby where I live... Depending on how much money I have left from my vacation, I may make an attempt at getting current. I will post up about it!:P:)
Exodus 20
1 cross + 3 nails = 4GVN

Get in touch with Garrett Shaw better known as "Snake". He lives in Eustis and should be in the book. He's been jumping for 40 years and is a very nice guy as is his wife Jade. Explain your situation and ask if he could introduce you to the right people. At the very least he can give you some insight on the various DZ's in the area.
Tell him Sandy from Iowa told you to call.

Once you experience flight you will forever walk the earth with your eyes looking skyward........ for there you have been and there you long to return.

I have been wanting to get back into Skydiving. It has been ten years (June 1996) since I got injured (was not able to work for 6 mos) and haven't jumped since.

I had 179 jumps when I got hurt. Can someone tell me what is required to get current again? I have been e-mailing Skydive Space Center but I haven't been able to get an answer. I did find out that no one I used to jump with ten years ago is still there.:S

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467