adventurechick

New Exits

I'm off AFF status, but still considered a "student" for the next 6 jumps.... this saturday I'm planning on making 5 jumps and I want to try some new exits. I've done the AFF style exit (up down and out into the relative wind), the floater exit, and the diving (superman) exit.... Does anyone have any ideas on new exits I could try at my level??

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Just fall out onto your back and watch the plane get further and further away. You may even see the next group climbing out...pretty cool for the first time.

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

Come on up to Suffolk, VA and you can contribute 3 cases of beer. one for jumping at a new DZ, one for jumping out of a PAC and one for jumping your fist time with me;)

The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.

First time to hit a tree?

Geez, that sucks.

But out of all those things, most deserving of having to buy a case of beer! ;)

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

If you haven’t done your hop n pop as required for your A license I suggest doing one exit a few times until you are comfortable you can exit the plane and deploy stable within 5 seconds. Have fun after you complete all of the requirements for your A license. ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

*first casa jump
*first time through clouds
*first floater exit
*first two way
*first time to hit a tree..............,..

I'm eternally in debt to the skydiving beer gods

Jesus.

Doing my FJC Saturday and I'm beginning to fear the beer tab will exceed the cost of the class and jump tickets!

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Cannon ball. . . Just fall out and scrunch up into a ball holding your knees to your chest. You'll spin very fast until you arch out of it. Very Fun. Just remember to stay altitude aware.

A small variation is to get into that position at the door (grab your knees) and have someone push you out.

But as mentioned, if you haven't done your HnP, you may want to focus some energy on being able to do a quick exit that you can get stable in quickly. Not only to get that requirement met, but for the reason it's done - in case you ever have an aircraft emergency.

I always like doing corkscrews out of an otter for hop&pops...

I'm not sure I can explain my method (and there are numerous ways I'm sure to pull it off...) but I usually stand inside the plane, grab the bar my left hand (not tightly...) then swing out and twist (with one arm in front, one in back, and the legs the same...) after a count of six I open up and toss (I so my protrack registers the jump...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

for the HnP, you need to pitch within 5 seconds. And you'll find it's not too hard- that's actually a lot longer out the door than it probably feels like to you.

For me it took some time to be stable right out the door - your body is vertical at that point, not horizonal.

you're stable enough after 6 seconds to deploy??

depending on how I exit I'm stable w/in 2-3 seconds to deploy... :)

But I still don't like to get out below 3000 ft unless its an emergency.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Jumping from a Otter. Climb outside hold the bar & do a back flip off the plane. Just climbing out will freak you out. Do what ever you want in freefall no ones watching try it all. If your not on camera you did it all. LOL. JUST REMEMBER TO PULL AT 6000 on your belly.

I'm jumping my new sabre 170 this weekend. The skies are looking blue. I can't wait. I want to play with my new canopy. Don't you just love skydiving?

I have a nice 210 sabre if anyones looking