flygirl719

AFF down... ABCD to go...

My last two AFF jumps were so freaking AMAZING!!! Shoot, it only took jumps 5, 6, & 7 to get those damn left turns down, but after that it was pretty much home free!!! Back flips rock and I can't wait to start trying out new exits while working on ALL the other fundamentals during my quest for an A License.

Also, I'm very much looking forward to gaining the confidence and the skill to do 2 & 3 ways soon because my first solo jump after graduation was kinda boring. I mean, I totally missed my instructor!!! ;) You rock BodyPilot1!!!

Hopefully you'll see me at a DZ and not on a corner in San Francisco begging for ticket money!!! :o

Blue Skies!!! Whoohoo!!!

LOL! :D Big head? Hmm, I hadn't noticed. ;) Hehe.

Thanks for the no - solo tip.

I'm stoked I finished when I did because I have friend/coach coming into town this weekend, so he'll shoot video and guide me get though all those A requirements. (Hopefully, it will only cost me his jump ticket and some beer.) Then, I'll reconnect with BodyPilot1 for some finger pointing and head shaking in another 10 jumps or so. ;)

Sound like a good plan?

So here's a question for you experienced jumpers. What exactly does finishing a tandem progression or AFF course give you? Since A license comes after 25 jumps, what does finishing a course mean exactly?
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Congrats.

Finishing AFF or S/L or IAD clears you to self supervise, or jump without a coach or instructor present. Basically, you can jump on your own or work on your A license requirements with a coach or instructor. Once you get your A license, you can jump with any other licensed skydiver.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Basically, you can jump on your own or work on your A license requirements with a coach or instructor. Once you get your A license, you can jump with any other licensed skydiver.

That is only at a USPA group member drop zone. Once you have been signed off by an AFF Instructor, you can jump with anyone you wish. Making the right choice as to who you jump with, when your just off student status, can be at times a critical decision.
Always be cautious as to whom you choose. ;)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Good job! I remember being pretty exhilarated after finishing AFF, too :)

Congratulations and keep at it; And remember, there's much more than the licenses out there - there are really good classes too. The classes have helped me so much more than the licenses. If I had to do it all over, know what I know now, I would probably do it more like this:

1. Tunnel time
2. AFF
3. A License
4. Canopy course
5. Water training and B license
6. 2-hour Tunnel camp (by now you probably know what style of flying you like)
7. C license
8. Rigger's ticket
9. D-license
10. Coach rating (this doesn't mean you have to coach belly - you can coach freeflying, or whatever you like). The coach rating gets you a tiny bit of respect (and I mean a tiny bit), if nothing else. But it also helps you jump with newer jumpers if you want. And from here you can find out if you ever want to teach.

I'm sure there are different paths - that's just the one I would choose. The point is, there is still a lot to learn, and there's not a huge need to focus on UPSA licenses right away.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Congrats!

I just got the A license myself. Passing AFF was big for me, but getting that license was HUGE.

I used the no-pressures to work on sticking points between coach jumps, and they helped a lot. (I've never done the wind tunnel - $$$ factor.) Still, even when I do solo jumps with no objective in mind, boredom's never been an issue. I guess I'm easily amused ;)

Where do you jump? Maybe I'll see you when I go up to the Bay Area again.
Coming Soon: An exciting tag line

1. Tunnel time
2. AFF
3. A License
4. Canopy course
5. Water training and B license
6. 2-hour Tunnel camp (by now you probably know what style of flying you like)
7. C license
8. Rigger's ticket
9. D-license
10. Coach rating (this doesn't mean you have to coach belly - you can coach freeflying, or whatever you like). The coach rating gets you a tiny bit of respect (and I mean a tiny bit), if nothing else. But it also helps you jump with newer jumpers if you want. And from here you can find out if you ever want to teach.

Thanks! Yes, I'm looking forward to all these things once I scrape some dough together. "A" is the most important, of course and as for all the others... I haven't really even had the time to research all the different levels yet. This has all happened so fast, so I'm looking forward to slowing down!

I tend to go all the way with everything I do, however, so the licenses seem like a logical progression over time;-)