michal.k

Question to Skydivers from EU Member Countries

Hi,

I need some information regarding local licensing rules in EU Member countries.
Could you please post here the information, what license in your country permitsskydiver to perform jumps without the instructor's supervision and - if possible - add a link to the local licensing guide on local federation / association website (may be in your local language).

Our Local (it means Polish) regulations allow to accept other EU member country license if it permits the holder to make unsupervised jumps in the issuing country. The problem is that nobody here is able to provide the list of all countries and respective licenses so sometimes we have a riddle.

Thanks in advance.

Mis
(co wszystkich wkurwia dzis)

In Germany there ist only one licence you get it when you have passed the practical and theoretical test and it does not expire. Only requirement is 12 jumps in the past 12 months, otherwise you will have to jump with instructor supervision until you are at 12 jumps in 12 months again. Cant find anything on the dfv homepage (http://www.fallschirmsportverband.de/ concerning your question but if you contact Helmut Bastuck on the "Kontakt" page i am sure he can help you out with information from official side.

Frank
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

In the UK an A-licence holder can jump without the supervision of an instructor. A-licence can be achieved either through AFF, which is a minimum of 18 jumps (if no re-jumps) or RAPS where there is also a minimum but I can't remember it as well as passing the written test on canopy handling (CH1).

A-licence holders have a red hardbacked licence with their picture in it and the A section has a stamp, BPA embossing and the signature of the current chair of the BPA when the licence was issued. Subsequent licences (B, C & D) sections may also have been stamped, signed and embossed.

More information is on the bpa website www.bpa.org.uk. If you go to the documents page amongst all the docs there is the application for an A-licence (if I click on that link I just get the document, and don't know how to post a direct link to the document).

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

austria:

you have to have a license that permits you to jump unsupervised in your country - that would be similar to the american a-license.
in austria you get your license with 28 jumps, it doesn't expire, to reamin current you have to have 20 jumps in the last two years from wich 10 have to be made in the last 12 months (so much for the rules)

so if you have a license issued by your organisation that allows you to jump, you should be fine here.
don't forget your 3rd-party insurance-card (people will ask you for a current insurance!) and your pack-card for your reserve and your log-book, for ,ost dz's will also have a look into that one

blues- feuergnom

edit: as for our local organisation aeroclub.at then click on "fallschirmspringen"
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

What skytash says about the UK is correct, just a couple of additions. The little red book she refers to is the jumpers FAI licence, I think they are used pretty much worldwide but I could be wrong. It should also have a photo in it.

You do need your CH1 to have your A-licence, although from what I hear most dropzones will treat a Cat-8 student (ie lacking CH1) the same as an A-licence. I'm not sure what the regulations say.

The jump master must be B-licence or above. Techically this means that there must never be only A-licence jumpers left in the plane, although that technicality is often ignored.

If you want to jump with another person, and they are not an instructor or coach, then you must both have the relevant qualification - FS1 for formation skydiving (aka relative work), FF1 for head up freefly and FF2 for head down freefly. These will be stickers in the FAI licence.

You do need your CH1 to have your A-licence, although from what I hear most dropzones will treat a Cat-8 student (ie lacking CH1) the same as an A-licence. I'm not sure what the regulations say.

According to the BPA Ops manual -

SECTION 2
DESIGNATION AND CLASSIFICATION OF PARACHUTISTS

1. GENERAL
1.1. Parachutists are Designated as follows :-
1.1.1. Student Parachutists – Below FAI ‘A’ Certificate (Red).

So if they don't have CH1 they must be treated as Students and comply with all student requirements (briefed, dispatched and debriefed by an Instructor, instructor on the ground, student wind limits, only jump with Instructors etc etc).

Allowing Student Parachutists to jump outwith the requirements is a surefire way to risk ratings...

Sweep
----
Yay! I'm now a 200 jump wonder.... Still a know-it-all tho..

What skytash says about the UK is correct, just a couple of additions. The little red book she refers to is the jumpers FAI licence, I think they are used pretty much worldwide but I could be wrong. It should also have a photo in it.

The jump master must be B-licence or above. Techically this means that there must never be only A-licence jumpers left in the plane, although that technicality is often ignored.

If you want to jump with another person, and they are not an instructor or coach, then you must both have the relevant qualification - FS1 for formation skydiving (aka relative work), FF1 for head up freefly and FF2 for head down freefly. These will be stickers in the FAI licence.

cat-8 but not A licence means you are still a student, and you need an instructor to check you out and dispatch you.

A B licence jumper must be the jump master, but aslong as everyone gets out on the same pass, then you are allowed only A-linceces left in the plane. But if you intend to go round again, and the jumpmaster has exited, then a 2ndary jump master must have been nominated ON THE GROUND.

In any jump only 1 person may not be qualified in the discipline they are doing. Nothing to do with coach/instructor. So Im not a coach, or an instructor, but I can take my friend who just got his A on a 2 way cos I have my FS1.
So you could do a 100 way FS jump, but only one person is allowed to not have FS1.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.