SSGJOHNSON

Jump #'s

Total jump numbers. If you left the plane and landed with a canopy, it counts.

I would even go out on a limb and say, if someone landed without a canopy it would still count as a skydive... As morbid as it is, they are called skydiving deaths, not falling out of plane deaths, and god knows a few people have left the canopy in their container for whatever reason...

I would give them bonus points if they left a plane and landed without a canopy and lived to make another jump.;)

Did you jump out of an aircraft in flight and use a parachute to descend to the earth?
If you answered yes, then it counts!

T-dog has a good point, you don't have to use the parachute, but it's a good idea.....;)

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Cool. I don't feel like a peon anymore :D

I never felt like a peon.....lol but just thought I would asked before I got into trouble 67 it is then.

Were the SL jumps military jumps? I think I've read on here that some military jumpers choose to keep their military jump numbers separate from their sport jumps, others don't. Perhaps some of those folks will chime in here.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Cool. I don't feel like a peon anymore :D

I never felt like a peon.....lol but just thought I would asked before I got into trouble 67 it is then.

Were the SL jumps military jumps? I think I've read on here that some military jumpers choose to keep their military jump numbers separate from their sport jumps, others don't. Perhaps some of those folks will chime in here.

It usta be...that military jumps were logged in green, reserve rides in red....and fun or work jumps in black ink.
I dont know if its still done that way.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I would give them bonus points if they left a plane and landed without a canopy and lived to make another jump.;)

Been there, done that, and DEFINITELY do NOT recommend that! And yes, if I leave the plane I count it as a jump!!!!! CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Who are you worrying about getting into trouble with?

Like others have said... if you have left the plane (intentionally or otherwise) it counts as a skydive.

And from what I understand 56 military SL jumps is actually fairly experienced in the military world. B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I agree with everybody that your military S/L jumps should definitely count in your profile. I learned on S/L progression, and my first few S/L jumps count in my profile.

That being said, once you've got your A license and start jumping with other people, they really do need to know your sport jump numbers to gauge your skills & experience level. That really is necessary for everyone's safety. If you tell someone on a load with you simply that you've got, say, 80 jumps but don't mention that only 24 of them are sport jumps, that, without more, would be somewhat misleading. A fair answer to their question might be something like, "24 sport jumps; 80 jumps total including military S/L"

I agree with everybody that your military S/L jumps should definitely count in your profile. I learned on S/L progression, and my first few S/L jumps count in my profile.

That being said, once you've got your A license and start jumping with other people, they really do need to know your sport jump numbers to gauge your skills level. If you tell someone on a load with you simply that you've got, say, 80 jumps but don't mention that only 24 of them are sport jumps, that, in that context, would be somewhat misleading.

Thank you I guess that is the root of the question that I was really asking. I have to agree with you that it would be misleading. Apon futher reveiw I think I will stick with 11 as the Military jumper and the skydiver is really two different animals in itself. The only thing that really compairs (and really it doesnt) is being in traffic under canopy . I guess lower jumper has the right of way and slip right to avoid collison is about all the really applys with the exception of knowing how to do a PLF.

I know ill go to heaven because ive spent my time in Hell.