jonjonson

Balloons

Landing off,,, That makes alot of sence. yes my profile is current. I am not jumping a balloon this weekend or anything.

I wanna see if i can walk five feet away from the balloon and then look down and then fall. like in the cartoons. know what i am saying? Cartoons? anyone?

They launch from the balloon field on the airport, skydiver exit is usually4000 AGL or so, the first load usually can make the airport the next loads land off frequently, but there are lots of great outs and there is a ride back....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

JP, when is the balloon brought to the DZ? I remember seeing it the day of my FJC but not since then. I'm sure I just haven't been there on the right days, but how often does it make a showing? [do you happen to know ticket prices as well?]
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Whenever there is enough interest in making a load go. Go see Dan in manifest and tell him you're interested, he'll call the right peeps. I *think* he charges skydivers $60.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I really wanna get a balloon jump.

how much is a lift ticket??

Where (near west texas) are there balloons for jumping out off???

any comments on balloon jumps in general???

Go here www.skyfestboogie.com
Also check out the SKyFest Training Tour (STT) on the site that will help you get your B license prior to the boogie.

be safe

J

Dude you get the change DO IT. I jumped out of one at the holiday boogie in Eloy. Not once but twice. It was worth every penny about $70 $75.00.They were the best jumps I think I 'v had. I could not believe the free fall time I got. It was so cool. Funny thing Tanya from South Africa. I was first to jump (BEER) she was screaming at me to pull pull. We were on the ground. She said I was crazy. Well the next time I seen what she saw. I was saying the same thing pull pull. I thought I was going to see a coyote ugly in the dessert. I ask the guy when he pulled the same as me about 3500 3000 feet. Anyway it was scary watching to think someone might get hurt or die. All it was they go out of sight.

DO IT YOU GET A CHANCE

I sought out and met a local balloonist. Then I joined his crew. (it takes a crew of several folks to launch, chase, and pack up a balloon). Most balloonists don't pay their crew. Instead they reward them with balloon rides (usually a $200 fee).

So not only did I meet some great folks and have a good time (you have to party after the ballooning), I made about a dozen balloon jumps from as high as 9,000 feet.

Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

I fly balloons for a living in Northwestern New Jersey & Southeastern PA... Jumpers are more than welcome (however, please bring a functional rig!).

Round these parts the going rate is $225 per person for an hour-long passenger flight. Like the previous poster said, we can either work it off through crew labor, or it's generally a little less than half the price of a full ride :)

However, I'd be most interested in trading balloon jumps for my skydiving ticket. Check us out at www.njhotair.com