par

did i chose right?

350 ft is really low...

It is extremely low. For sport parchuting anyways.

it is indeed! ;)
But being from the same country I probably know the background. This small DZ has AN-2 and rarely (if ever) sees altitudes higher then 5000ft. As a result tracking skills (or freefall skills in general for that matter) are almost non existent as compared to the "AFF kids" from bigger DZs.
..and yes, they do demos from really low altitudes using some military gear. Speaking of gear - most of it used there can be qualified as vintage [:/]

par, I'm sure we have met (I can't recognize you by that name, but I can guess :P ), so pls don't get me wrong, but you better have a chat with more experienced people in other DZs (and I mean experienced not in style and accuracy only ;) ) on what not to try at 5000 feet AGL with your jump numbers. ...or next time visiting P1 ask me to take you on a track dive B| - although I would suggest something higher then 5000ft for that also :P

thanks for making of sense of this for me, what he was saying just soundeddangerous. Now your input has put light into the situation.
good advice for him, he needs someone to show him the right direction of thinking. I am sure i need the same in some areas but also know that i am from a good size dropzone with lots of people keeping an eye on thigs, i think is a good practise.
Good post Luis!:)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

As a result tracking skills (or freefall skills in general for that matter) are almost non existent as compared to the "AFF kids" from bigger DZs.

I can track. I tried another dz's also ;) (altitudes included ;))

luis: i would love to have a track dive with ya from l-410 :)

for others:

what a shame, but i have not 1000 jumps or smth. I have ~80. Still I think, that the number is least important. It's about mentality.

I am not afraid to die.
I just don't want to.
Yet.

So, please don't look at me as a mad person, who jumps from 350 feet each day. Or finds deploy'n at 1600 feet normal. I would definitely blame myself about it.

more interesting (scaring);) , this guy try to advice into dropzone.com how do fly/land or what to choose :o to another skydivers with such experience :S Hey, skarbuonka aka par :))), chill out for a little while ;) Am i right? you are skarba? he he

Hi

Here in England it is sometimes necessary to lob out at 2,500 ft (2k2 cloud scrapers from a Cessna182 are more fun that not jumping from 14K) in order to get a jump in that day. I have known some who launch a 2 way sit fly at 5K.

Not the best thing to do, mix sit with flat. I'd have though if you are jumping for the first time with another jumper then exit altitude would be much higher unless both jumpers had high (250+) jump numbers.

B|

Get out, Land on a green bit. If you get the pull somewhere in between it would help.