valcore

Adrenaline?

So I have to ask, does anyone here have anything that might resemble adrenaline withdrawal. I know that if I do 5 or more jumps over a weekend I don't usually sleep very well and am a little figity for the next 2 or 3 days.

Serious question though.

I just want to know if others get the same feelings when they are not jumping and what they do to take their mind off of it.

Also I was reading some material about adrenaline addiction does anyone know if there are any negative side effects to this? Or should I just jump more to keep this from happening.:o

B|

Blue Skies to all

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I know that if I do 5 or more jumps over a weekend I don't usually sleep very well and am a little figity for the next 2 or 3 days.

I'm kind of going through it now. After I got my A a few weeks ago, I had did about 5 jumps during the weekend. Well I moved to colorado to do an internship and currently do not have the money to jump. So I find myself at work during the day figity like yourself and i start to sweat and my hands shake a little when I start to think about it. Its weird.

Its only when I get a chance to go to the DZ and hang out, that it goes away temporarily, jumping or not.

It's a drug....maybe I'm just weird like that, but glad you' feel somewhat the same stuff
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

So I have to ask, does anyone here have anything that might resemble adrenaline withdrawal. I know that if I do 5 or more jumps over a weekend I don't usually sleep very well and am a little figity for the next 2 or 3 days.

Really, if I do a decent amount of jumps in a weekend (maybe 6-8+) then come sunday evening I am completely zombified:P. I usually try and describe it as feeling completely drained and washed out, but at some base level deeply, deeply happy - then I'll go to bed and sleep like a log.

I'm fairly sure thats due to the amounts of endorphins and stuff that gets pumped into my blood during jumping - the better the jumps the more knackered I am - but it could partly be due to lots of beer and little sleep at the DZ as well;).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

<<< I know that if I do 5 or more jumps over a weekend I don't usually sleep very well and am a little figity for the next 2 or 3 days.>>>

LOL :D:D
This happened to me bigtime a couple months ago after I made 7 jumps within 30 hours, 5 of which were AFF. I slept very lightly, if at all for several days.

I'm just the opposite. The more jumps, the more likely I am to sleep well. It exhausts me to have that much adrenaline in my system. That said, I've also been a rodeo rider, motorcycle freak, cliff jumper, and other adrenaline charged sport freak too. After the jump, if I sit for too long, I'm sleepy, so the best thing to do is to get back on the plane ASAP.

Amen! When i have a busy weekend of team training and tandem camera jumps, by the time i get home on Sunday night my girlfriend laughs at me cos i'm like an old man. My joints are stiff, muscles everywhere hurt and i can't stay awake past nine pm :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

The more jumps, the more likely I am to sleep well.

Me too. After a weekend of early mornings and lost sleep, traverling time, jumps (I found any significant RAPs levels exhasting) etc I am shattered by sun night. Then I get back to halls looking forward to a shower, beans on toast and a dvd and am greeted by my friends guilt tripping me into going out:S:D
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Make 10-12 jumps on Saturday and 10-12 on Sunday and then come back on here and tell us how you slept.

Slept great!!

Man was I destroyed feeling this weekend. I did something like 18-25 jumps from last friday -> sunday. Driving home on a sunday night is often times very hard for me. I have fallen asleep many many times. The more I jump the more tired I am. I sleep like a dead log sunday nights.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Make 10-12 jumps on Saturday and 10-12 on Sunday and then come back on here and tell us how you slept.

The most I have done is 15 in a weekend. (poor military) Now don't get me wrong I sleep great that night but it is the next couple of nights that I am restless.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Adrenaline withdrawl hits me hard after a good weekend, and even harder after a boogie. It feels a lot like PMS. A day or two afterward, I get bitchy and sour and anti-social, I don't want to deal with the normal stuff I just want back in the air.>:( It's best to keep me away from people for a few days.:D

I treat it like PMS; I take St Johns Wort for my moodiness and bite my tongue when I want to snap at people. I find that the best treatment is a mid-week evening jump. B|

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein