Kacee

Comparison of DZ Jump prices - Please Advise

Hiya all,
Does anyone know where I could find a comprehensive comparison of dropzone jump ticket charges?

I would need the following:
Dropzone name, location, typical jump altitude, aircraft(s) used, single jump ticket price.

I am doing research for a project to identify cost/1000ft across the world. Ultimately, it will also be linked to average earnings and cost of living in the different areas. I'll be happy to share findings once consolidated. Also on this site for general use if wanted?

DZ.com has a comprehensive listing, but it would take too long to extract the data from each listing....

Thanks a lot guys and girls and
Blue Skies always

KaCee
(>0/<

BB, JT & Matt,
Thanks so far... it is 'cost per 1,000ft' to make a meaningful comparison.

Some DZ's charge $20 to 13,000ft others charge the same to 14,500ft, the latter obviously being a better bang for your buck...

If anyone else comes up with anything, I'd be a very happy jumper!!!

Cheers all
KaCee

Some DZ's charge $20 to 13,000ft others charge the same to 14,500ft, the latter obviously being a better bang for your buck...

Others, including ourselves, literally charge per 000ft...(£7 base + £1/000ft) (around $10, plus $1.50/000ft) 10k is £17 (around $25).
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

Kacee,
If this helps
SD Mesquite charges $6 to get in the plane and $1 per thousand ft. from the cessna and (i think) $21 to 13,500 from the caravan.

although, that is not how his price list goes.
If you pay 21 in a caravan and only get 7 due to clouds you dont not pay full price.

his guideline may go up at the beginning of the caravan season but the depends on operation costs.
My photos

My Videos

Skydive Wissota
Chippewa Falls, WI
Cesena DZ

Experienced Jumpers
up to 3500-$9
4000-6000-$10
7000--$11
8000--$12
9000--$13
10000--$14 (Most loads (weather permitting), it takes longer to get higher than this with a cesena)
11000-$15
12000-$16

Tandems $175
Video $55
Student jump or jump with club gear $25-30 (no matter on what altitude)

Best place to look is probably DZ websites. There are also other costs you may want to consider - dropzone membership, coaching costs, national organisation membership (eg BPA, USPA), third party insurance, accomodation etc.

Off the top of my head:

Netheravon, Wiltshire, UK: £18 to 12,500ft; Grand Caravan/Turbine Islander/Piston Islander
Cark, Cumbria, UK: £21 to 14,000ft; PAC 750XL
Gap, France: EUR21.50 to 14,000ft; Twin Otter/Porter

You would have to pay ME more then 16 to ride in a 182 to 12k! I am ready to get out at 5 and can barely unfold myself to get out at 9500 I can't imagine another 15 minutes (or more) to get to 12... Of course I am 6'2 and 240lbs;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

DZ.com has a comprehensive listing, but it would take too long to extract the data from each listing....

If the information is stored in a database, the webmaster could give it to you with one command-line query. (It would be insane _not_ to keep it in a database, but the designers of web-forum software are not, in general, sane.) This does of course assume that you can convince the webmaster that you are going to use your powers for good and not for evil.

If you can't get it that way, these "computer" thingys are really good at doing boring repetitive stuff, like downloading a lot of Web pages and scanning for key words in them. For this, you would have to convince some geek that you are going to use your powers for good and not for evil.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

If the information is stored in a database, the webmaster could give it to you with one command-line query....
...boring repetitive stuff, like downloading a lot of Web pages and scanning for key words in them...

Eule

Eule, Great advice... Do you know how to get hold of the webmaster? Alternatively, I noticed from your profile that you are a "Adjunct professor, programmer with a screwdriver"... Could you help me on the 2nd part if the first fails?
CHeers,
KaCee

Do you know how to get hold of the webmaster?

You might try sending a PM to sangiro ; he's the man. You might get a quick reply, or it might be a few days - hard to say.

Could you help me on the 2nd part if the first fails?

Possibly. You would get to convince me that you're going to use your powers for good and not evil. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

> Almost Nearly Normal...

This almost nearly caused my brain to tangent :-) :-)

What does it mean?

Have you been doing yoga or something?

Ah, I see from a couple posts down,
you are up but haven't had any coffee yet.

Skr