mjosparky

"Up Jumper"

I use it to refer to any jumper who is no longer a student (e.g., has a license). But I don't know if that's an "accepted" definition; it's just the one I use. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

To the first DZO I worked for, "Up Jumpers" were the ones NOT paying student or tandem prices for their slots? A load full of up jumpers meant less revenue.

I think....

Down jumpers? Well, I am feeling rather blue these days...

What do you do if you are a manically depressed robot?

I never heard that term until I went to the west coast. I usually hear "fun jumper" here in FL. Same concept though, someone who is beyond student status but not involved with a team or anything like that. Someone who just goes out to jump on the weekends, does a few jumps and has fun!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I usually hear "fun jumper" here in FL.

ditto, it was "fun jumper" in Texas back in the 80's/90's when I was hauling meat....ah, jumpers that is...:)
Didn't hear "up jumpers" until a couple years ago....

And what up wif "Canopy Pilots"??!? how things have changed........

What is the accepted definition of the term “Up Jumper”?:)

The SECOND ;) time we heard the term was jumping with a army sport club. It was used when people got off the dope rope. :o Excuse me static line

My guess it started as a army thing that went main stream.

Nothing to do with the Army but Kind of Like getting pied for for 100 jumps:S:D:D:D.

look at meeee I'm a Up jumperB|

R.I.P.

What is the accepted definition of the term “Up Jumper”?:)

From the DZOs perspective Up Jumper and Fun Jumper are synonymous. Also from the DZOs perspective Up Jumper is somewhat of a derogatory term for someone who complains a lot, makes a mess and doesn’t clean up after themselves, stops up the toilet and doesn’t unstop it, stinks up the airplane, and provides little or no “black” to the bottom line.

(That was supposed to be funny, so don’t take personally. Maybe would have been better suited for DZOs.net?)

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ