mbondvegas

Cutaway Stats

PC in tow, resulted in two out (not side by side) landed both

I know there are different schools of thought on this...well so I've been told. But here goes.

With a PC in tow, my training and in my head I feel that I would cutaway before going to the reserve. I guess the thought being that when the main bag comes out that it would separate from the rig before the fabric was able to come out of the Dbag. Any tips on this school of thought? Is that correct thinking?

WHEN or IF the Main Dbag comes out.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I've had 12 cutaways in 30 years...

Most can't really be categorized on your chart.

I've had 3 line overs, two of which I chopped...the 3rd I couldn't ...it was a reserve.

One I 'accidentally' caught the main on fire...:$

Most of the others were 'streamers' that I didn't take the time to carefully analyze...;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

1 - slow speed (tension knots in steering line)
2 - CrW wrap
3 - High speed (PC in tow)

other - 1 plane crash on takeoff

Only one of each and I'd like to keep it that way, thank you

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

DONE!!

SWEET! We are trying to (get someone) to organize a Pops Record Jump and some 20 ways. The Utah Pops is only 13 so that should be very doable.

Oops I highjacked agian huh?:ph34r:

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Jump #52 - sunset load and by the time we got to altitude it was dark. Jumped after a nine way (10 on the load) and deployed at 4K and had 4 complete wraps in the center of the lines. I tried to kick them out for about 1K and wasnt getting anywhere except farther from the DZ (canopy was flying straight but also straight away from the DZ). About 2.8K I decided that the situation wasnt getting any better, it was dark as hell, and I didnt want to waste any more altitude. I chopped so I would have some time to play with the flare point on my reserve since it was going to be my first 7 cell and first all F-111 ride.
Hence I voted Linetwists :$

edit for spelling

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Out of curiosity, what make & model of container was it? How new was it? Were the canopies in the container the recommended sizes, or were they stuffed in there?

Vector 3, it was brand new (maybe 5 jumps on it), the canopies were the correct size for the container, the risers were improperly stowed under the middle riser covers (the ones with the big bright label that warns to stow the main risers over the top).

The combination of newness and packing error probably caused the mal.
Owned by Remi #?

You cutaway from that? Scary. what would you have done if they didn't release? I had stuck risers when I had my rig converted to tuck tabs but since I had no idea what was wrong and had a canopy that was flying turned and flared I kept it.I couldn't see anything but straight down as my chin was pinned to my chest. I chose not to risk making things worse.. Glad your decision came out ok :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

what would you have done if they didn't release?

I would have added my reserve. I didn't realize they were stuck at the time, i thought they were twisted behind my head. My head was pinned down as well.

If I had realized they were stuck, i think I would have been concerned about having one of them "pop out" as I got low and started me in a turn... so I would have cut away either way.
Owned by Remi #?

Jump #52 - sunset load and by the time we got to altitude it was dark. Jumped after a nine way (10 on the load) and deployed at 4K and had 4 complete wraps in the center of the lines. I tried to kick them out for about 1K and wasnt getting anywhere except farther from the DZ (canopy was flying straight but also straight away from the DZ). About 2.8K I decided that the situation wasnt getting any better, it was dark as hell, and I didnt want to waste any more altitude. I chopped so I would have some time to play with the flare point on my reserve since it was going to be my first 7 cell and first all F-111 ride.
Hence I voted Linetwists :$

edit for spelling

damn did you find your stuff?
My photos

My Videos