afraidofheights

Almost "GO TIME" :D

At this time tomorrow, I'll be on my way to Skydive Smoky Mountains for my first tandem jump. I'm nervous as hell. I hope I do ok.

By far the most fear/stress is before the jump - once your in the air :):ph34r:

remember good shoes and plan for a someone else to drive - that way you can get trashed afterwards if you like

Right on dude...

Have fun, and enjoy it. For me before my first jump the absolute most stressful part was the drive there. Once I got there and met the instructor who would jump with me that day and he ran through the instructions and told me what to expect, I was way more relaxed.

Don't psych yourself out. You can do this.

And most importantly HAVE FUN!

Ryan

What can I say, THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! It felt like a dream, it didn't feel real. When I get my pictures developed, I'll post one up on here. I got the video and pictures done. Cost an extra $85, but it's worth every penny I'm sure. A kinda bad thing happened with my friend though. The main shute got tangled up and they went into a bad spiral and they had to cut it away. The reserve tried to do the same thing, but the instructor got it straightened out. Out of 2000+ jumps, that was the first time he had to use the reserve. It scared my friend pretty bad for a little bit he said. He's debating going again. I told him if he decides to go again, I'll be right there with him. I really want to do it again, but seeing his main falling to the ground got me a little scared too :o My olny trouble was I had a hard time breathing in freefall. I tried turning my head sideways to get a breath, but it was hard. The only way I could get a good breath was to touch my chin to my chest and breathe through my nose. I only looked straight ahead at the camera guy about twice. I kept trying to look straight down, probably why I couldn't breathe good. I was dreading the parachute ride, but that was best part for me. I got to steer the chute toward the dropzone. I got to do a spiral, but I didn't like that. Got my stomach a little queezy. The plane ride up was very cool. When we started going up, I was thinking " man we're real high". I thought we were probably half way up. Then the instructor asked me if I was doing ok. I said "yeah", then he told me we were only at 1000 feet. That kinda got me for a little bit :) All in all we both had a very memerable time!!!

What can I say, THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! It felt like a dream, it didn't feel real. When I get my pictures developed, I'll post one up on here. I got the video and pictures done. Cost an extra $85, but it's worth every penny I'm sure. A kinda bad thing happened with my friend though. The main shute got tangled up and they went into a bad spiral and they had to cut it away. The reserve tried to do the same thing, but the instructor got it straightened out. Out of 2000+ jumps, that was the first time he had to use the reserve. It scared my friend pretty bad for a little bit he said. He's debating going again. I told him if he decides to go again, I'll be right there with him. I really want to do it again, but seeing his main falling to the ground got me a little scared too :o My olny trouble was I had a hard time breathing in freefall. I tried turning my head sideways to get a breath, but it was hard. The only way I could get a good breath was to touch my chin to my chest and breathe through my nose. I only looked straight ahead at the camera guy about twice. I kept trying to look straight down, probably why I couldn't breathe good. I was dreading the parachute ride, but that was best part for me. I got to steer the chute toward the dropzone. I got to do a spiral, but I didn't like that. Got my stomach a little queezy. The plane ride up was very cool. When we started going up, I was thinking " man we're real high". I thought we were probably half way up. Then the instructor asked me if I was doing ok. I said "yeah", then he told me we were only at 1000 feet. That kinda got me for a little bit :) All in all we both had a very memerable time!!!

lol, dude thats some cool shit, i did my first tandem last month, and my frienda maine shoot got tangled, but they got it straitened away, i cant wait to go again either!!