Yossarian

UK TV Tonight ITV 2300

dont know if anyones been following this series but its the last episode of bad lads army tonight where a selected few so-called 'bad lads' do a s/l fjc, looks like one of them has a cutaway from the adverts.

edited to remove somewhat distasteful comments, apologies if you read them

One of the lads on the series is the son of an Instructor at a popular UK tandem dropzone (and a dropzone.com poster) and is now furthering his static-line progression at the aforementioned dropzone.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

The jumping.

I wonder if the Bad Lad that cut away from twists would have done so had the instructor not used pictures of twists during the mals lesson they showed.

Anyone know where they filmed it??

I know they used an APA a/c and some of the kit was old APA kit (no rounds or Telesis at Nethers any more).

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

The lad had twists down to the risers pinning his neck down. So as he couldn't check the canopy he chopped it.

It was filmed at South Cerny using their instructors.

And my son is now onto 5 second delays even though he didn't jump on the day.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

I read that they would be boxing, I've been watching for the jump stuff for weeks.

WANKERS. I'm pissed off now coz I fucked off to play my drums.

WANKERS. what a load of up there own arse twats who think they are legends.
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Your son Bryn??

Did the show do him any good? I watched one a few weeks ago and it looked like the lads were bonding and finding changes in themselves. I am very interested if the change lasted on the boys when the show was finished filming.
Anyway, good to hear your kid is on his fith. Bet you will get a kick of teaching him the rest if he keeps interest in it.

If your son was on it,would you mind pointing out what lad he was?

Anyway Bryn, take it easy, i now have a job in the states and am off to live there this Friday.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

There was one lad on there ( who broke his ribs and couldnt jump ?) who looked like a genuine turnaround......he was showing good attitude to discipline , his mates and making plans for 'after'.......
If it works then great.....only issue I have is that at the end of the day they all know that a 'beasting' is only going to go so far and there wont be any real physical assault by their NCO's no mattter how loud they are screaming abuse in their face ! ......so they know they can push it waaaay beyond what any recruit would dare have done back in the day.
Not saying that physical assualt is the answer at all...just that its the way alot of discipline is enforced in the military.....right?
This kinda thing only works if the individual wants it to work.......it seemed a few of them were more focused on getting a single static line jump , than changing their lives.
But if it worked for some of them......bully for them !
'ten......SHAN ' !

im sure its on the internet somewhere, if not itll probably be on itv2 at some point

on a different note, i didnt realise they still used round reserves for students? the idea of a freepacked canopy with a student (greater potential for instability and tumbling) doesnt seem like it has a place no we have steerable square reserves as an option. although dont rounds open quicker?