Tito.J

Awww, season over for New York =(

Well, the skydiving season is over for the New York area, so I'll just have to wait till the Spring or just fly down somewhere warm to do it.

Anyways, I got to do 6 jumps since I started in late August, so I hope to graduate soon during the Spring of 2006.

However, the real intent of this post was not to say all that, I just had to ;)

I had a question that maybe you can answer: How long after getting your A licence does it take to learn freeflying? Or Skysurfing? Those two are my main goals for now, after that maybe BASE jumping. All in time.

Regards,
Tito J.

I dont have my A license either but to break into Skysurfing of Freeflying I know for a fact you have to be pretty much an expert bellyflyer before you start doing other shit, and bellyflying takes good skydivers hundreds of jumps to master completely. Freeflying is my long term goal as well, so Im right there with ya.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

The season is coming to an end in Massachusetts, too. Very depressing. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do with my weekends, or how I'm going to stay sane without jumping. I'm going to have to take a trip or two over the Winter to jump.

Freeflying.. I think it all depends on how your skills are, if you have the proper gear (freefly friendly rig, freefly jumpsuit, audible), etc. There are a lot of things that come into play. I don't really know about skysurfing.

I dont have my A license either but to break into Skysurfing of Freeflying I know for a fact you have to be pretty much an expert bellyflyer before you start doing other shit, and bellyflying takes good skydivers hundreds of jumps to master completely thousands of jumps and dozens of hours of tunnel time . Freeflying is my long term goal as well, so Im right there with ya.

There, fixed it for you. ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I did my last two jumps at the ranch, I love that place. Very friendly people I must say (Zak flies just like a bird, I wish to learn what he does sometime in the future - much props to you bro!), I just thought for some reason that they were closed this winter. I'll call and find out for sure, thanks for the replies!

If they're open, I'll be flying again weeeee!

Blue skies!
Tito

Well, the school does cease student operations at some point. They will make certain arangements, but on a case by case basis.

My suggestion would be to jump your ass off now and try to get close to an A license. Then you're golden.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

You don't have to be an expert belly flyer at all to start freeflying. You will have lots of people tell you that you should hammer down the basic belly skills first, tracking being the most important. And they are right.

You do however have to get good at freeflying before you attempt to get in the air in proximity to other people, as speed changes during orientation shifts can cause some serious damage. Also if you are going to go out and freefly on your own, you should be aware of where the line of flight is and orientate yourself perpendicular to it, as a bad body position can inadvertantly cause you to track across the sky into other groups airspace without even knowing it.

That being said, if you can go from unstable to stable and have altitude awareness (which is crucial at higher speeds) and have the proper gear, you can start learning to freefly at any time. Just be aware that every freefly jump you do when you are a newbie you are sacrificing crucial belly learning time which, when you have 200-300 jumps and you want to be invited with all the cool kids on the bigger ways, may be a problem. If you spend all your newbie time learning to freefly, you will start to see younger jumpers going out and having tonnes of fun with bigger groups.. and you will be missing out.

While you may be able to get on 20'ish ways with a couple hundred belly jumps, it'll be a few thousand freefly jumps before you start seeing 20'ish way freefly jumps.

Be carefull out there.. but remember, as long as you remember to pull and stay out of everyone elses way, you can do whatever the hell you want. (I would stop that short of strapping on a board, a camera, a Velocity and a wingsuit and hucking yourself off of a cliff right now)

Also remember, that when it really comes down to it, being in the air with other people is alot more fun than being by yourself. And being in the air with alot of people is more fun than just one or two others.

I started freeflying right off instruction, and at 500+ I am just now getting good enough to be headdown around other people. If I could go back, I would have been bellyflying first so I could be right in on those 20 ways I've been missing out on.

Freeflying is sooooooo fun though. B| Once you get addicted, it's hard to go back.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Or you could come up to The Ranch. We'll have at least a porter all winter and maybe one of the otters. We are open every weekend and some select weekdays.

Check us out www.theblueskyranch.com

I like Otters, although it would be cool to get another plane in my log book
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Sad day, Ii'm in arkansas. We jump year round, it's cold as shit sometimes but not bad enough to keep me on the ground.
I'll tell you one things though, i need some gloves ASAP!!

'warm' blue skies
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Two Fingers, , This Is Skydiving.

Hey Tito,
Skydive Cross Keys will be open for students all year round, and coming up November 20-26 we're having our monthly Student Daze, featuring free refresher classes and safety seminars and discounted student jumps. Check our www.skydivecrosskeys.com.

Looks like about 70 degrees, light winds and a PAC 750 aircraft today! B|

Hope to see you here,
Pancake