freeflyfairy

season ender?

ok, i have a quiry (besides not really knowing how to spell that!)

i'm in the middle of my student training but i'm running into financial troubles. (aren't we all?) i have 1 more static line, 4 IAf's, a high and a low solo to go. i'm pretty sure that i'm not going to be able to finish the course this season, and i wanted to know where a good place to stop would be. some ppl say to stop now, so i have a static line for next season to start me out. some say to do at least 1 IAF, so i get that experience under my belt. i'm not going to be able to do much more than that due to the lack of funds. btw, i'm also doing a refresher ground course to make sure i remember everything, to start out next season.

any suggestions?

When the people look like ants -- Pull.
When the ants look like people -- Pray.

from my experience stoping and starting... go as far as you can, save money in the off season and start again, the more experience you have to think about during the off season the more use you can get out of that time.

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

I agree, get as far as you can now - it will leave you less to do next year.

Also, is there any posibility of traveling to another dropzone to do a significant number of jumps (one or two probably isn't worth it if you need to get used to different procedures etc)?

Comming out of michigan, I guess there's not a whole lot you can do based on our shpanky weather.

The Urge to spend money you don't have in the hopes of that blissful fall is there, hell, I spent money I was supposed to spend on college books to complete my course :)

I would agree to try and go as far as you can.....IF you have thhe money to do it...I know my prior advice was to stop where you are....

WAIT
I just figured it out, I figured out how you can pay for the rest of your student jumps, buy a cheap rig and be able to get almost enough jumps for your A, including membership fee and license Fee

sell a horse! ;)

BE THE BUDDHA!

You're fortunate to be jumping at CMS. Let Des and Maryanne know about your situation. They will probably work something out with you so you can finish your training this year. They like to get students through the program while the information in fresh. At the very least, they will advise you as to your best next move.

larry

One thing I have found in this sport: If you love jumping enough, you will do anything and everything you can to make sure your butt stays in the air.

My advice? Don't put yourself on a schedule, 'cause you limit yourself by doing so. Just make every effort to jump as much as you can, as often as you can. I'd be willing to bet that you finish these student skydives quicker than you think you will right now.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I went S/L bc there was no AFF at my DZ at the time, but I had the same problem. I got about 2/3 of the way through and just ran out of $$$, plus I needed to buy a rig. What I did to get through my program and buy my beginner's rig was get a personal service loan.

Your profile sez "Student" so you may need a cosigner if you don't have a good part-time job, but if you can convince the parental units then you might be good to go.

The way to justify it is to consider the money you'll be spending to retrain to get back to the point you were at when winter came, and what you'd be spending renting a rig if you didn't buy your own.

The payment on my $4,000 PSL was eighty bucks a month IIRC. So I figured that at what rental gear was going to cost me, if I even jumped twice a month, then I was money ahead. Plus, it got me my own gear which made me MUCH more comfortable than jumping rental gear (no offense to DZs intended). You know, never wondering who packed it last, etc...

This isn't the perfect solution for everyone, I know. But I must say it was a great solution for me, and I think if you're comfortable with the small monthly payment and can find a cosigner then maybe you might want to check out the possibilities.

One last note: DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS. I hate the damn things with a passion and consider them to be financial poison (credit card debt free for four years and counting :)
Later;

Elvisio "good debt" Rodriguez

Your season ending is our season beginning. book a vacation in Florida and come visit to finish it up

What a good ideaB| I did just that, I booked a vacation to florida:ph34r: but it's not untill january;) can't wait to get there.

Hey Freeflyfairy, do you have a litle brother, you could sell him, if your not fond o him:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Back up flamers :P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

thanks, i'll look into that.

lol, my parents hate the idea that i'm skydiving, so i don't htink i'm going to get much help from them! they're not helping me pay for college, either, so i'll ge the whole spiel about spending my money wisely.

but then again...they've never skydived before...they jsut wouldn't understand...

:)

*shakes head and laughs*

m'dear, if i don't have money to finish my course here in MI, that means i also don't have $ to vacation in FL. Hell of an idea, though. :)

my buddy moved to FL for the skydiving...he wants me to visit...so maybe a trip there is in my future. when i have more $, that is.

wish i did! lol, i have a big brother that's 23...i don't think he has very good resale value, come to think of it.

my friends keep telling me to sell my horses, but i can't do that, just yet...i already sold one to go to college, and that just about broke my heart.

i'm just going to work as hard and as much as possible to finish the course in the spring. being a full time college student and falling in love with skydiving sometimes just doesn't mix. *cries*

lol, i'm just learning how to pack...so far, they've been opening. ;) it'll be a while b4 that could earn me significant income, though. thanks for the fairy-tale ideas...i wish that's how it could be.......

maybe i'll study abroad in like Australia or someplace warm, so i can continue my skydiving and school at the same time!