skymynci

Missing the point...???

Re: Mr Hook Itlow...Is it me or is he totally missing the point of skydiving. I'll carry on jumping a 240 forever if it means I can have as much fun as this....i just feel sorry for him. This isn't meant to be another thread to add to his, just wanted to show my appreciation to all you guys...I've not been on here long and I've had a fantastic welcome with a lot of advice both personal and skydive related. I bloody love skydiving and it's the best thing I ever did, I wanna do it for as long as I can. Surely thats enough???? XX [:/]
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

I've found dz.com to be a great source of information. :)
Sure you have to "sort the wheat from the chafe", weigh the various opinions against each other and still look for more sources of information other than here, but thats true for any information you get from anyone about anything, anywhere.

No one knows everything, except maybe my teenage son, but that's another story for another day and this isn't the right forum :S
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

The experience belongs to the individual.

Some people care only about the freefall, the canopy is a neglected elevator to the ground.

Some people just want to fly the canopy, anything more than a hop and pop is a waste.

I think I am in the middle, and it was just this summer but I was saying that I imagine that I would be on a 210 for a long long time. Three downsizes later and now I am flying a 170 that "I imagine I will be on my 170 for a long long time" :P

But your both exactly right, he is completely missing the point. I am curious if he would have the stones to post up his uspa license number.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

He is missing the point. As I said in one of my replies - if jumping from planes isn't exciting enough for you, than find another sport dude. Don't make ours look bad by making very bad choices that could've easily have been avoided by simply not trying to be such a 'bad ass'.

The way that he called his quest for going in as "ambitious" and calling it his "goal" is way beyond me. I can see one of your goals being to get to a smaller canopy. Great, that's your goal. You have plenty of time to get really good and reach your goal. But what he is doing is just.. ridiculous.

It amazes me that his instructors/S&TA are letting him jump it, though. That's what makes me wonder if he is just trying to stir the pot or if he was serious. I don't know, his whole attitude and the way that he looks at DZ.com is beyond me. Here are people that have poured their heart and soul into this sport and want to see young jumpers and newbies make it to thousands of jumps. He sees it as nagging him and preventing him from reaching his 'goals'.

I don't know. I, too, feel bad for him.

For the love of god people........he_is_a_troll......nothing more. I can't believe that people don't see it. Stop feeding his needs...and for god's sake....stop making posts about it.

Let it go. Ignore him. It's bad enough that people like him try to make this site into Rec.skydiving....but your attention to it is just perpetuating the situation.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

He certailnly has all the troll indicators but the sad part is I've met the likes of him in real life at the DZ. This sort exits in reality. The character we've just witnessed is not born of fiction. And troll or no troll the thread may have had an impression on some of the real newbies who don't know the diffference.

Ah...never mind, if he makes it past the DZO and onto a plane with his handkerchief on his back then he'll be subject to the law of Natural Selection, Murphys Law, and the Law of Averages.....

Fits John Waynes quote perfectly....

"If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough"....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....