crazydiver

Not only is Skyride unethical...they're not too bright...

Check out the attached. Not only do they have unethical business practices and screw customers, but they are a few clowns short of a circus. I underlined in yellow the fun part.

Why doesn't someone shut them down? I'm sure there's gotta be a programmer on this forum who could make a DDOS program that would constantly overload their servers. And I for one would be cool with losing some of my bandwidth to have it run 24-7 on my system... I'm sure there's plenty other DZ.com members who would run it too... Any takers for writing and running?
Gravity Waits for No One.

Check out the attached. Not only do they have unethical business practices and screw customers, but they are a few clowns short of a circus. I underlined in yellow the fun part.

Why doesn't someone shut them down? I'm sure there's gotta be a programmer on this forum who could make a DDOS program that would constantly overload their servers. And I for one would be cool with losing some of my bandwidth to have it run 24-7 on my system... I'm sure there's plenty other DZ.com members who would run it too... Any takers for writing and running?

I can't say that I haven't been tempted - but issuing a denial of service attack is not the solution. Fighting poor ethics with poor ethics just adds to the problem.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

I can't say that I haven't been tempted - but issuing a denial of service attack is not the solution. Fighting poor ethics with poor ethics just adds to the problem.

I guess... Sometimes you really DO have to fight fire with fire. There might not be an effective ethical approach to the situation, or it might just be unreasonably difficult. One of the reasons that they get away with so much probably has to do with how different this industry is compared to just about anything else... Therefore, I assume there hasn't been much progress with respect to defining legal guidelines for it... Just my guess though. Apparently nobody is interested in investing the time/money to change the laws, so why not try something quick and dirty... There's no way they're gonna prosecute thousands of skydivers for running DDOS software... We should do it!
Gravity Waits for No One.