fpritchett64

Should I comply?

Bozo and DSE

I see both of your points very well. So, are you saying that it's not such an uncommon thing to get "banned" from a dropzone?

I can't give up skydiving!! I'll be in the air again soon.

Thanks everyone!!

Getting banned from a dz is not what you would call "common". It happens....for any number of reasons. Your incident for an example.
The last time I was banned was because I wouldnt install an AAD. There are lots of reasons. The DZ belongs to the DZO and he makes the rules. The good thing about it is, that there are DZs all over the place. Pick one...go have fun...after you learn the rules.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

as far as banning from dropzones goes

if that dropzone is a uspa supported dropzone they should not be allowed to ban you

if they are not a uspa affiliated dropzone then fine they can

the licens from the uspa should be treated like any other license

for example a drivers license when you break the rules you get fined and suspended and revoked

if someone breaks the rules ther should be a system in play for penilzation through the uspa

if there license is suspended or revoked they cant jump anywhere

think of it this way if i owned i95 and i said i dont like the way you dont agree with me you are banned from my road

comeon

the bottom line is if you are a uspa dropzone you should be governed by a set of rules set forth by the uspa regarding penalizing skydivers

and frankly it should go further
the uspa should create sanctions and rules governing
what responsibilitys lie where and with who

yes you are a buisness if you own a dz if you want to run it your way and your way only then you should not be affiliated with the uspa at all

one day i hope we get a little more organized because this is one thing that is killing us as a community

i cant tell you how many people i know who i have brought up for a weekend to a dz and wont take up the sport because of the bs taking place that frankly shouldnt

codes of conduct should be created and inforced on skydivers and dzo's alike

if that dropzone is a uspa supported dropzone they should not be allowed to ban you

That is a bunch of crapola. :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

That is a bunch of crapola. :P

Agree. It may be a USPA dropzone, but the DZO as a business owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone, even if said DZO is an doing themselves a disservice.

one day i hope we get a little more organized because this is one thing that is killing us as a community

3 years in the sport and you know it all, dont ya?
More regulation is just what we dont need.
You have no clue as to what the skydiving community is all about.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I don't know if it's common or not. I've only been banned from one thing in my life, and that banning was for a short period of time. Bozo makes it sound like it's common, so maybe it is.

[edit to add] my 2cents, a dropzone isn't owned by USPA. If the DZO feels like you're a detriment to his dropzone either by your attendance there, your safety, attitude, or the fact that you have some other oddity that isn't copacetic with how he wants his dropzone run, that's his call to ask you to not show up. Maybe if you give him time to cool down and you *sincerely* apologize and show you're not the jerk he probably thinks you are...maybe you can get back in. We all screw up sometime.
Not any different than a restaurant that is a member of the ARA...they may have a sign that says "No shirt, no shoes, no service."

IMO, unless you are a rigger or under the direct supervision of a rigger, you shouldn't be packing tandem canopies anyway. Yeah, I know the way the regs read the same would apply to other peoples' mains too, but regs aside, tandems are a whole different ballgame because they are carrying passengers for hire.

Walt

3 years is only my time my grand father who shares similar views has been a uspa member since its inception

as far as what the skydiving community stands for wouldnt banning for any other reason than safety go against the beliefe of have fun and live life

dont hold a grudge if someone is an ass just ignor them the will usually go somewhere else if the feel un wanted but untill they are a threat to life and limb the airspace is as much theres as it is myne and they shouldnt be banned

Override, the more you write, the more I don't think it was only your post that tweaked him.
My point was, and is; most *any* business can refuse service for a variety of reasons. To think otherwise is simply being clueless.
If your restaurant has a rule that people cannot enter if they're not wearing a shirt, or that you cannot talk on your cell phone in the restaurant, or that if you have Tourette's syndrome where you have to scream the word "F***" every 10 seconds, they have the right to ask you to leave or refuse you service.
So does your DZO.