Elisha

Bat Hang from a Cessna

Was at Davis on Saturday and the wait to use my last ticket was over 2 hours...>5 loads backed up. Crazy busy.

So they fired up the Cessna-172. Had a nice pretty see through door on it. So, Karl and I were going to chase each other around and I thought I'd try the bat hang. I went onto the step, held the strut, and then put my body up and my feet over the wing. I felt that I had to hold on to the strut to keep from falling off though - didn't want to exit "prematurely" when Karl wasn't ready yet, so I don't know if I could even hold on with just my feet.

So, did it count? I don't have video - only Karl and Princess who was flying it saw. Does it count if I held onto the strut?

So, did it count? I don't have video - only Karl and Princess who was flying it saw. Does it count if I held onto the strut?

NO:D:D
Bats don't hang on with all 4s:D:D

Feet only and arms out:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Once you have you toes on the top skin of the wing you don't need to hold on! what are you scared of? hitting the ground:D:D:D:D

Nice effort. the hardest part is getting your feet up there, once they are there use the strength in your feet to hold on and simply pint your toes to let go.

have fun,

rhys
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Once you are up there, it's very easy to hang on. See attached icon ;).

But just becuase you got your feet up there once, doesn't mean it is easy the next time!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

hmm....no
Make sure you concentrate on keeping your toes and ankles curled around the leading edge, 'cause as soon as you relax, you slip off.

Give your camera, with a shoulder strap, to the pilot so he can snap the photo while you blow kisses to the occupants still inside.

If you slip off, then it's good dive practice for your team mate.

Hmmm...the only camera I have I think only has some wrist strap and is one of those with "film" in it.

Don't know when I'll get the opportunity to try it again. I was thinking of visiting Cloverdale Sat or Sun next weekend for the first time this year and they now have a Turbo 206. The strut may be too far away to try it.

Packerboy - your's was the avatar I was thinking about.

"Packerboy - your's was the avatar I was thinking about."

It made the CSPA calendar! I'm Mr. March! Or half of March anyway since it was a vertical pic. B|

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I uploaded a video of some exits from last saturday that includes a bat hang from a 182...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utBuZElVwJU

Ah Ha!! Ive been doing it wrong. I have been just trying to hang from the strut and swing my feet up. I never thought about scooting up the strut like in the video. That was a sweet shot of him falling into the haze.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

While getting your left foot as far out on the step as possible, but still using it to support your weight, just lift up your right leg till the relative wind is on the back of it. Then step off with the left and let the wind take you up...EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASY
I got nuthin