cknisley

Getting Fat

Just a quick question started jumping about 5 years ago only have 90 jumps. Got gear brand new 190 main been jumping it from aff5 till now. back then i weighed 195 200 I now way 210 with out gear Do i need a bigger main or new gear i have a jav j4 and a 175 reserve. just want to know what some people had to say. every one seems so all about wing loading and so on

So your w/l on your own gear is about 1.2. I'd be surprised if your recurrency coach allows you to jump it. Your profile says Perris. Lots of good student gear to choose from. If it were me, I'd put a dozen or so jumps on (at least) a 230 and see how it goes. It would suck to break your leg on your 190 just to save the cost of rental gear.

So your w/l on your own gear is about 1.2. I'd be surprised if your recurrency coach allows you to jump it. Your profile says Perris. Lots of good student gear to choose from. If it were me, I'd put a dozen or so jumps on (at least) a 230 and see how it goes. It would suck to break your leg on your 190 just to save the cost of rental gear.

With the summer heat and slight altitude at Perris, more the reason to go to that 230 to start. I had some landing adventures just past my A at Perris/Elsinore in those conditions and wingloading.