JENNR8R

How Many Cases of Beer Do I Owe?

I was being a smartypants and thought I would do a jump with multiple beer offenses and only owe one case of beer. I had the money in my jumpsuit pocket, and paid it to the beer fund cookie jar before even putting my canopy down. B| After rereading the beer rules, I'm not so sure any more. How many cases of beer do you think I owe?

- 500th jump

- 'D' license requirements met on landing

- Landing in the 'D' license area for the first time

A case of beer is owed at my DZ for landing in the 'D' license area if you do not have a 'D' license. Since I met all of the requirements for the 'D' license upon landing, I figured that it was okay to land there.

Even if it wasn't, I read the beer rules to say that I would only owe one case of beer if there were multiple beer offenses on a single jump. There was some good-natured disagreement about that, but they let me slide with paying for only one case of beer.

I don't want to anger the Beer Gods and bring calamity down on my DZ. Should I buy more beer?
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Not that I'm an expert on beer rules or anything this is my take on it...

1 case of beer for:
- 500th jump
- 'D' license requirements met on landing

Since you don't have the 'D' license yet and landed in the 'D' area anyway that should be a second case of beer.

:D

The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Officially I would say you only "owe" one case.

Should I buy more beer?

Is there ever more than one answer to this question?:ph34r:

Good point... :D I guess the question should have been should I buy more beer for this jump. I regularly buy beer when I don't owe it. ;)
ones? -- Monday.

Well... 1 case initially. However... since you had to ask, you owe another case! I urge you to disagree and take your case to your S&TA and argue against the penaly case though. That way, (s)he can, after much thought and contemplation, rule against you for yet another case! :P

Grats all around though! :)

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

So, REAL beer then:)

Actually, she doesn't OWE any beer. Any amount of beer that she would like to donate to her dropzone, so that her friends can help her to celebrate her recent success, should be VERY gratefully received.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So, REAL beer then:)

Actually, she doesn't OWE any beer. Any amount of beer that she would like to donate to her dropzone, so that her friends can help her to celebrate her recent success, should be VERY gratefully received.

You mean to tell me that Skydivers DRINK?!:o:o:o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i have had the same problem in 1 day today i got

- first jump at a new dropzone
-first jump out a skyvan
-first off landing
-completing my FS1

its gonna be an expensive trip next time im around
:ph34r:

Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

Well... 1 case initially. However... since you had to ask, you owe another case! I urge you to disagree and take your case to your S&TA and argue against the penalty case though. That way, (s)he can, after much thought and contemplation, rule against you for yet another case! :P

Do I look like I just fell off of the turnip truck? :S It's clearly written that appealing to the S&TA would cause me to owe another case of beer. I'm not about to do that!!! :D

Where is it written that I owe a case of beer for asking on here? :|
ones? -- Monday.

Since you don't have the 'D' license yet and landed in the 'D' area anyway that should be a second case of beer.

I read the rules to say that only one case of beer is owed on a single jump regardless of the number of infractions.

And I do have my 'D' license. At what point would someone have the 'D' license? I say it's when my feet touched the ground on my 500th jump after having previously fulfilled all of the other requirements for the license.

The fact that USPA hasn't processed the application and mailed me my number yet is irrelevant.

Argue away... :D

ones? -- Monday.

And I do have my 'D' license. At what point would someone have the 'D' license? I say it's when my feet touched the ground on my 500th jump after having previously fulfilled all of the other requirements for the license.

The fact that USPA hasn't processed the application and mailed me my number yet is irrelevant.

Argue away...

What's your D number? :)

SHOW it to me! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I read the rules to say that only one case of beer is owed on a single jump regardless of the number of infractions.

Argue away... :D

Until the application is processed you don't have it.. YET!:D

And yes, you also owe for asking if you owe beer.. :P

Beer Rules (as supplied by Goggles 'n Teeth):
Do you owe beer??

Well, if you have to ask... then the answer

is

YES!!

Here are the rules that I subscribe too, and you can too.

The Beer Rules

An unwritten law, one as immutable and irrefutable as gravity and backed by history, states that skydivers enjoy the drinking of beer almost as much as flight itself. A manifestation of this fact is the tradition of the buying by an individual skydiver a case of beer (that being twenty-four cans or bottles holding twelve or more ounces of beer, ale, or some similar such substance) for his or her fellow jumpers to celebrate the accomplishment of a particular feat or milestone in one's jump career. It is generally recognized that the buying and drinking of such beer enhances that common bond shared by skydivers and contributes greatly to the body of knowledge concerning parachuting and its related activities. It is a sad fact that some skydivers are ignorant of what constitutes a significant achievement (usually and henceforth referred to as a "first"). Equally sad is the fact that some unscrupulously thirsty jumpers will shamelessly try to "weasel" a case of beer out of a jumper for an inauspicious event. Recognizing this, the following happenings are to be regarded as suitable occasions for buying beer. This list is not to be construed as exhaustive. First jump (It is not required of students. They are simply encouraged to participate). If more than one first is accomplished on a single jump, only one case of beer is required. Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of others. Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers. It is generally recognized that using a reserve parachute for the purpose of saving one's worthless, non-packing self from a gory death requires him to buy the saving rigger dinner or the bottle of liquor of his choice. These articles are ironclad and binding. For the price of an additional six-pack, a sniveling skydiver may enlist the services of an S & TA to represent him or her in a hearing where the committee will rule against that skydiver a second time.

Completing the student course of instruction

First four way

First eight way

First CRW

First time in the peas

First night jump

First kiss pass

First competition

First water jump

First naked jump

First jump on your own pack job

First dead center (measured by a judge or electronic scoring pad on a three or five cm disc)

First jump on a new main or new rig (purchased, not borrowed)

Any license, award, rating, or badge

Getting your name or photo in "Parachutist" Magazine

Gross safety violations not resulting in serious injury or death

Any jump ending in "00"

First cutaway/reserve ride

First jump from an aircraft not normally used at home drop zone

First jump at a new drop zone

First demo jump

First save (you riggers thought you were getting off easy)

Vomiting in the airplane or on another skydiver

First round canopy jump (Geez, used to be the other way around)

First broken bone

First camera jump

I'm sure there are others that I'm not aware of.

Do you owe beer?? Well, if you have to ask... then the answer is YES!! Here are the rules that I subscribe too, and you can too.

This is the opinion of Goggles 'n Teeth. I didn't see it written in the beer rules. Did you?

ones? -- Monday.

Do you owe beer?? Well, if you have to ask... then the answer is YES!! Here are the rules that I subscribe too, and you can too.

This is the opinion of Goggles 'n Teeth. I didn't see it written in the beer rules. Did you?

If you have to ask... the answer is YES!

What's your D number?

It's in the mail! ;) That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :D

That sounds like the old "the check is in the mail" line to me....
:D:D:D

It was meant to sound that way!!! :D

I've just thought of a flaw in my logic. There was one more requirement that was necessary before my license became official. The form needed to be signed and approved.

It's a good thing I had those other milestones to counteract the landing infraction. :ph34r:;):)
ones? -- Monday.