BigM

Hybrid - New Maneuver???

We put together a 6-way hybrid (4 belly & 2 hangers) this past Saturday and after some discussion, no one had heard of anyone doing this... although surely somebody must have at least tried it:

We had a 4-way base: 2 in a star with side bodies. I hanger on each "half" of the base. We then broke the pieces and turned them 360 degrees with the hangers still hanging and were driving the pieces together at break-off.

So... who's heard of / seen / done / or tried this?

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Espace boogie a couple of years back. 4 way star, 2 hangers and then turn the blocks 360 - plus half a dozen or so head up/down stingers.

Tried the same 4+2 this weekend, but it folded on launch, becoming more of speedstar than a hybrid...

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

I did that on some jumps that Carl Daughtery organized on what I thought was going to be just another lazy day at the dz. They were quite fun! I was a hanger and found it really taxing on my muscles to control my body position as we were turning points. I was sore for days afterward!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We've spun 2 ways blocks with hangers a few times. The one that we stumbled across the other weekend on accident is you can get by with a "pusher" instead of a hanger also if it works out right. Basically have someone flip head down instead of head up and you can fly the hybrid also. We managed about 3-4 seconds before the lack of eye contact forced a levels issue and lead to it folding in on itself.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Thanks guys. Anyone got video they can post? I was sure (with all the free flying talent out there) that there had been somebody doing this... it was just that our little group hadn't heard of it. Still, it was a kick-ass jump for us and totally stoked everyone on the load!

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Thanks guys. Anyone got video they can post? I was sure (with all the free flying talent out there) that there had been somebody doing this... it was just that our little group hadn't heard of it. Still, it was a kick-ass jump for us and totally stoked everyone on the load!

Blue 111-
Jeff

I have some on a tape somewhere. I can look in to posting it. We have done it succesfully a few times as a 6-way and we have tried it as a 9 way. That one almost worked, need to try it again.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I'll vouch for that, because skymama was hanging off of me.

lol...it's not every day a girl reads a comment like that. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

6 belly and 3 hangers broke into three and then rebuilt ;)

I believe it was either at Funny Farm boogie or Picton DZ Australia

It was done at Moruya in Feb 2005, though it was another jump (maybe at the Farm?) that made it to the ASM cover.

Three linked two-way pins with hangers between. Break, 360, dock. Several stingers playing around too.