Terminal-V

best dvd or video on canopy malfunctions

"Breakaway" is pretty good, covers all the common mals and high-speed ones as well. Good video work clearly illustrates the problems invovled in each type.

I bought the "Skydiving Survival series" which includes "breakaway", and also "Fly like a pro" and "Pack like a pro" to boot.

Hi, was thinking of getting the 'Survival series' myself ... but found no reviews on it. So before I go and spend Megabucks ..what did you reckon to it ?

cheers
Gaz

-------------------------------------------------
Please forgive the sp errors, I have dyslexia. Don't laugh ... the last time i went to a toga party, I went dressed as a goat !!

I believe that while the package of all three videos as the Survival series is quite new, the videos themselves have been around for years. You should be able to find reviews of the individual components relatively easily.

Of the three, I've only seen Breakaway. Highly recommended - you get a real understanding of some of the potential problems and how to avoid them.

I believe that while the package of all three videos as the Survival series is quite new, the videos themselves have been around for years. You should be able to find reviews of the individual components relatively easily.

Of the three, I've only seen Breakaway. Highly recommended - you get a real understanding of some of the potential problems and how to avoid them.

Agreed. Breakaway is the best of the three. Fly like a Pro is only about canopy flying (I had assumed Freefly) and while it is interesting and informative to a new jumper, anyone with around 50-100 jumps will already know most of the stuff. It deals mostly with landing patterns and compensating for wind drift, proper use of riser control and obtaining best best glide rate - stuff like that.

Pack like a pro (and the follow up - Trouble free Zero P) is good for those starting to pack but is no real substitute for someone standing there beside you while you try packing for the first time. I had been flat packing from jump #1 so I used it as my intro to PRO-packing and then practiced by myself, seeking advice as needed.