Gary73

Dropzone drive time

Sort of skydiving related, in that it's one measure of a jumper's devotion to the sport:

How long does it usually take you to get from your home to your home dropzone?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

I think this has come up before. Maybe do a search?

I drive 60.4 miles 1 way to the DZ. It takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on how fast I drive and traffic conditions. :$

When I didn't drive 12 miles in 15 minutes to the nearest turbine DZ, I'd go 100 miles in 1.25 hours (consistently, mostly through rural Colorado).

Takes longer to go just 60 miles with Washington traffic. At first I was always looking for accidents in Everett since nothing else could make traffic that slow, and then I realized they just drive that way arround here.

Right now from my driveway to the dz is 119.7 miles. With traffic (on Friday evenings) it takes me anywhere from 2 hours 15 minutes to 2 hours 45 minutes. The drive home (without traffic) is about 1 hour 45 minutes.

I have driven that every weekend but three in the last 16 months.

The house has been for sale for four months now, but when I finally sell it, my commute to the clubhouse will be about 60 yards, but only about 20 from the runway. And at night, there will be two planes in "my backyard":)

Have two to jump at: one an hour and 20 minutes away and another one an hour and 40 minutes away.

For 3 years there was one 10 minutes from home that I pretty much refused to fun jump at. My sig line is a clue. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This post just mad me realize that in the past 9 years the longest period I've been more than a 10 minute drive from a DZ, if not living on it, was about 6 months living in Colorado, where I was 20 minutes from a tunnel.:)

"Hi, my name is JP and I'm a jump-a-holic"

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I am in a very enviable location.

Titusville - 10 min.
DeLand - 1 hr. north
Sebastian - 1 hr. south
ZHills - 1.5 hr west

Florida - Ya gotta love it. :)