Philly215

What do you guys pay to jump at your DZ?

I BEAT YOU ALL!!!

40 euros. That is $53.79.

That is what happens when you live in a European country where the sport is underdeveloped. That is out of a Caravan with the altitude varying from 10 to 13.5 thousand feet.
I wonder what else I am going to do for this sport!

I BEAT YOU ALL!!!

40 euros. That is $53.79.

That is what happens when you live in a European country where the sport is underdeveloped. That is out of a Caravan with the altitude varying from 10 to 13.5 thousand feet.
I wonder what else I am going to do for this sport!

now that is just completely nuts and outrageous!!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You don't pay less for hop and pops? That's a rip-off.

right.:S

-we don't use the King for h & p's.
-if we did use the King for h & p's, it's not feasible to do go-rounds from lower altitudes due to airport operations.
-the cost of an h & p is approximately the same for the DZO as a ride to altitude given the way our airport operates.
-I (personally) consider any jump ticket less than 25.00 to be a reasonable deal. Try sitting down to figure out the cost of the aircraft, pilot, fuel, operation, employees, etc. You'll likely come to a similar conclusion. In a King at our altitude, figure 24 gallons per load, 10 jumpers (max) in hot months and 12 in cooler weather. Add to that the cost of the aircraft at 300 to 400k, depreciated over a few years.

I jump at 4 different DZs.

Prices range from

$15 to 13K in Otter/KA/B99
H&P = $3 to board plane and $1/1K of alt

up to

KA $22 for 7K H&P or full alt of 15K, If tandem is going, $25 to 18K
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

At Skydive KState We are $18 for your basic ticket to 10K and as little as $13 for a H&P to 5K or less. However, we charge $20 for semi-annual club dues, and gear rental (if you need) is $25 per semester.

We operate a really nice little DZ - and we fly the hell out of our little Cessna - 25 loads a day is about average. I guess because we are a club, we have more flexibility - no DZO needs our lift tickets to pay his mortgage.

I've been the treasurer off and on for a while, and I know what it takes to keep our bird flying and well maintained, and I get grouchy when I see Cessna tickets for more than $22.
=========Shaun ==========

Hey unstable,
it's just seems more expensive because the exchange rate € - $ is not that good for you. With different exchange rates (like a few years ago, it would be different.

But don't forget that fuel prices in Europe are higher.

I know- I was thinking more for local DZ's - I know the fuel prices and maintenence, so I get grouchy when I see more than $22 per Cessna jump in these necks of the woods.
=========Shaun ==========