pre7117

HOW MANY JUMPS?

No problem witthe guys I jump with, it just my comfort level when I go to a boogie. I get asked how many jumps and they look at me funny when I tell them and they say no I cant jump with them.:(

I had 350 jump and Dave Morris was at Equinox, organising 20way jumps. I asked if i could come on a jump or two, he asked how many jumps do you have, I said 350, he said are you good,
I said I'm safe.
He said I would prefer you said you were good.
I said, dont worry about it, I will jump with someone else.

I went and jumped with Amy Chemalecki insteadB|B|B|B|

Mucho better jumps:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's weird, whuffos will ask me how many jumps i have and when i reply "oh, around 800" they're like "WOW! That's a lot!" and i generally answer that it's not really in the greater scheme of things, especially when you look at some of the people on here and at my home DZ.

I think that 1000 is a respectable number and shows that you are prepared to dedicate some time to the sport, but in no way does that mean you know a lot.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

if you're only counting the jumps...im still a newbie with less than 300 skydives.:(

you might be a good example of NOT using just numbers to determine "newbie" status...:|

as I read this thread i was thinking... it's also about time in sport, and as others have said, attitude, and Ability to pick up things, assimilate instruction, absorb the technical side of jumping,
as well as the social side, and even reaching the point where you aware of the details of correct and proper dropzone etiquette...
It's about how you interact with the entire crowd at the DZ.... staff, pilots, fellow jumpers, visiting tandem students, even their entourages of whuffo friends and family;):)
A person with a number of years in the sport, and regular attendance at the DZ, should be learning, and improving, even when frustrated by weather holds....[:/]
Some novice and intermediate jumpers might leave the dz when it's bad, some stay and pack, or observe, watch videos, interact with experienced jumpers....
That time well spent, can create a certain savvy. which might be lacking in someone else, who may have simply turned more pages in a logbook, but might not have all those beneficial hours of time , invested in other important parts of the sport...

so lets NOT only count the #'s , johan420.....
your "time served" weighs in your favor,,, IF it's been time spent learning...;)B|

jmy:)

All that matters is your own perspective. I mean, why do you ask...Did someone 'not' let you jump with them? If that is the case, then just keep on keeping on. Even when you are into this for a while, you wanta keep on learning and jumping with people who can make a challenge of it.

Do you like jumping? Are you having fun?

Wait until you have been in the sport for years and have hundreds of jumps and some jerkoff who has never jumped with you or knows nothing of your experience talks down to you....it will happen sooner or later! Best thing to do is move on to the next skydive!;):)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I think it also depends on how you think of yourself.

I have 47 jumps and am confident in my ability and where I am at considering how many jumps I have. I know I still have so much to learn, but I don't see myself as a noob. Plus, the guys at my dz don't refer to me as a noob and people still want to jump with me so that helps too.

And who cares if they think of you as a noob, just get out there, jump with them, and prove yourself! Then they'll be impressed with your skills vs. your amount of jumps.