cardwell2002

New to Skydiving

Our plan is to use our tax return money to get certified. Was kinda surprised ASC is not affiliated with the USPA..show me some better skydivers then please. The guy I went up with had over 1700 jumps logged. Was also impressed with the precision involved with the chute packing going on throughout the day.
cheers

I'm not. ASC is sucking the life out of skydiving. The people who own ASC ruin the skydiving experience for hundreds to thousands of people every year. The owners will lie, cheat and steal to make a buck. Yeah, I hate them and thier worthless booking service.

Every dollar spent at ASC is taking money away from someone who really cares about skydiving.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Our plan is to use our tax return money to get certified. Was kinda surprised ASC is not affiliated with the USPA..show me some better skydivers then please. The guy I went up with had over 1700 jumps logged. Was also impressed with the precision involved with the chute packing going on throughout the day.
cheers

I'm not. ASC is sucking the life out of skydiving. The people who own ASC ruin the skydiving experience for hundreds to thousands of people every year. The owners will lie, cheat and steal to make a buck. Yeah, I hate them and thier worthless booking service.

Every dollar spent at ASC is taking money away from someone who really cares about skydiving.

Pretty much what the link in my sig line explains.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

God damn it was an intense feeling being the first one out the plane on the last load of the day.

Since you were the first one out of the plane that would lead me to believe there were no fun jumpers on that load. So......... I don't really need to see the video to offer some constructive criticism. Find a DZ that has fun jumpers and if you get into the sport it will be more fun.

One thousand for an AFF package is a decent price but when you add in the parachute rental, helmet rental, harness and container rental, as well as the suit and altimeter rental the final price might surprise you . Also don't forget to factor in the add on landing fee charged to each parachutist, the plane maintenance surcharge and the optional weather insurance (that I highly recommend) and all of sudden the price grows larger.

Now I can't tell you exactly how much extra will be charged but be aware that there is normally a markup for bullshit services from each and every skyride affiliated DZ. Realistically I would plan on spending a little more of your hard-earned money.

I know I have a character flaw but I just can't help it. Honestly I will try and not feed the troll. :)
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

God damn it was an intense feeling being the first one out the plane on the last load of the day.

Since you were the first one out of the plane that would lead me to believe there were no fun jumpers on that load.

probably, but not necessarily. He exited at 11.5 - a few of my local DZs have the lower altitude cheap tandems and they exit first, then the plane goes to full altitude. A couple also put AFF jumpers out first for LZ reasons.

DSE is correct, as a skyride employee I was very thankful to have been charged nothing the day I was there except for a hamburger and some water. Sometimes knowing the right people has perks. USPA or not, these guys know their shit. Just wanna give a shout out to the haters to keep hating. Mad respect for those who do this for a living.

USPA or not, these guys know their shit. Just wanna give a shout out to the haters to keep hating. Mad respect for those who do this for a living.

I suspect you'll find that in most cases, they're one and the same (haters being the ones that skydive for an honest living). As you go along, *if* you become a skydiver, you'll come to understand integrity and a solid reputation are very important in this sport. At only one tandem jump and experience with only one DZ, you don't yet know what you don't know. Keep posting, but one jump far from an expert makes.

DSE is correct, as a skyride employee I was very thankful to have been charged nothing the day I was there except for a hamburger and some water. Sometimes knowing the right people has perks. USPA or not, these guys know their shit. Just wanna give a shout out to the haters to keep hating. Mad respect for those who do this for a living.

Hey, my man, many others paid the price for your fun day. Cross the railroad tracks over there before you get big-proud-circle-the-wagon-itis and burn your naive dumb bridges too soon. A simple google search will educate you immensely. Still, from my view, you oughta consider that whole 7:30 EST jump from 11.5 in the ATL because of low fuel (and consult your SIM/FAR/AIM) before you get the big head about giving your advice here - that is, if your goal is to innocently portray knowing what you are talking about. Somehow, your assertions shed light on your ulterior motive, or either you are just horny for attention from your co-workers.

By the way, if you'll actually do your research, THESE guys didn't dump USPA for any infraction...it's quite the opposite. Note their indignant lawsuit-in-reply.

Hater who keeps hating (if that's your term for reality - though "hate" is such a strong word.)
Roll Tide Roll

...As you go along, *if* you become a skydiver, you'll come to understand integrity and a solid reputation are very important in this sport. At only one tandem jump and experience with only one DZ, you don't yet know what you don't know. Keep posting, but one jump far from an expert makes.

I agree. Should he have any integrity at all, eventually he will come to see the light as so many other ex-Skyride people have.

Obviously he has not done his homework as suggested earlier with the google-search.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well no ones perfect? Skyride isn't gods gift to man. If it means it got me involved in a sport that I can really get into, then I can be thankful for that. I see the light everyday I am at work.

I hope you do, and maybe one day you will see the "righteous indignation" on here is founded in facts and personal experience, and not "sour grapes" or jealousy as you have probably been fed, as have so many before you in that little shop of horrors over there.
Roll Tide Roll

Well no ones perfect? Skyride isn't gods gift to man. If it means it got me involved in a sport that I can really get into, then I can be thankful for that. I see the light everyday I am at work.

How do you like working for a compamy that steals websites and corpyrighted pictures from others, and misrepresents itself to potential customers?
Remster

It's not like they ever stole anything from a dead skydivers family or screwed a customer over or broke any laws or stole pictures from people or committed acts of interstate commerce fraud or anything like that... hahah... well, at least allegedly. Keep on workin for them though, I am sure you will get something out of it. Goes a long way to show about your character though. I hate when people act greedy. :SB|[:/]
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Question: How many times do you lie, cheat, and steal to/on/from customers on the job over the phone?

It ain't no secret that's why 95% of the people on here can't stand you people.

Edited to add: Hey, if you didn't want the criticism, you shouldn't have mentioned what you do for a living.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

One day two brothers, Jack & John decide to go out diving for seafood.

They quickly manage to fill up a sack of seafood so Jack decides to take it back to shore & grab another sack to fill.

John is out at sea all by himself when he see's a shark coming towards him.

Frantically he calls out to his brothr Jack who is still at shore, "Bro Help me Help me there is a shark heading straight for me."

Jack calls back "Yeah Im coming bro"

John is freaking out, the shark swims right up to him & bites off his leg.

Again he is calling out to Jack who is still at the shoreline "Bro come and help me, the sharks bitten off one of my legs.

Jack yells back "yeah hold on Im coming!!"

John tries to stay calm and wait for his brother but then the shark bites off one of his arms.

He yells back to his brother Jack "Hurry!! Come and help me the shark has bitten off my arm and my leg."

Jack calls back "Hold on Im coming!!!"

Then the shark bites off his other leg, John yells "Jack you have to come & save me. The shark has bitten off both my legs and an arm."

And as usual Jack replies. "Just wait Im coming"

The shark then bites off Johns other arm.

Now John has no arms or legs.

His brother finally arrives to save him.

Come on bro, get on my back & I will swim you back to shore.

When they get to the shoreline Jack says with an exhausted sigh "I feel fucked"

And John replies "Well I had to hold on some how!!!"

I dont lie,cheat or steal. I make money. BOOOOM

I dont lie, cheat or steal. I make money. BOOOOM

uh huh, uh huh.... the BBB and the law in Georgia and several other states think otherwise.

You guys are going down one way or another. It's inevitable, so go ahead and make your money in the meantime. :|

1. Was the lobster in season? If not, then IT'S ILLEGAL, in spite of how long it took the bastard to get caught - karma or otherwise.

2. If they were spearfishing, then that's the risk you take, filling the water with the chum.

3. Should have hit the shark on the nose, or defended himself with the spear, knife, whatever they were using to catch their prey.

4. Seems to me "Jack" had this planned all along - to throw his trusting associate under the bus (shark) and run away with the spoils of the day all to himself - that Jack-Off thinks he's a clever one, huh?

5. "When they get to the shoreline Jack says with an exhausted sigh 'I feel fucked'"...was he still coming?

---Yawn---:S

Keep Moving...NEXT

Roll Tide Roll

Website must be bought and cannot be stolen.......unless you are a proficient hacker, and now we get all of our pictures from FlickR or have them taken for us by a photographer

Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

ah ye of little knowledge of the working of a domain registrar. A site can be taken over with little effort and made to look like a legal transfer no hacking involved and all done with paper and a crooked notary public.(most cases doesn’t even require the latter)

They have lied cheated and stolen from many. The have turned countless celebrations gifts anniversaries in to low points from this deceptive practices. The have countless false websites claiming to have operation around the country where none exists.

They may be proficient in teaching skydivers but is still doesn’t change their lack of ethics and accountability for the way they run their business.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

if its so easy then why does it not occur more frequently.
(especially to some of our domains )
and to change a domain you need a login and unless you steal or ping the other computer how would this be acquired?
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

if its so easy then why does it not occur more frequently. (especially to some of our domains )

I apologize, but I am kinda lost in this conversation. Are you asking why doesn't anyone want to steal your domains and pretend to be Skyride?

If that's the actual question, then you need to go back to civics class:

"A breaks into B's house and steals his television; B breaks into A's house and steals his microwave.

Which is the scummy cockroach thief?"
Roll Tide Roll