ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Funny how ASC jumpers try to defend illegal business practices.

Derek

That sounds like you knew where I jumped sorry I must have taken it wrong.And as said it was just a question no need to get bent.
--------------------------------------------------Live for today, Love as if there will be no tomorrow!

the Drop Zones that are with SkyRide wins and gets more money! Simple logic if you think about it.

Uhuh.

Not having to pay for pictures: saves money.
Not having to pay for website design: saves money.

I think I like your "logic".

Cool now I know how to get more money too! :S
And I'll make sure to rip off websites from overseas so they won't be as quick to take legal steps
>:(

ciel bleu,
Saskia

i never said stealing is good and to behonest i am not the one to judge them.

and there is no need for you to get bent at me. we are all in this together i'm just trying to see the silver lining on the clouds of gray. You might try to do the same.

If you think they are stealing from you call them and tell them! Tell them if thay want to use your picture they have to pay for them.
Live Life to the fullest and have fun doing it.

If you think they are stealing from you call them and tell them! Tell them if thay want to use your picture they have to pay for them.

Not THINK. KNOW. We tried contacting them (duh), but NO RESPONSE.

Yeah, great people! :S

I've heard the "we are all in this together" cr*p before it DOES NOT give you the right to use pictures without permission.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

the Drop Zones that are with SkyRide wins and gets more money! Simple logic if you think about it.

Uhuh.

Not having to pay for pictures: saves money.
Not having to pay for website design: saves money.

I think I like your "logic".

Cool now I know how to get more money too! :S
And I'll make sure to rip off websites from overseas so they won't be as quick to take legal steps
>:(

You're thinking small. Rob banks, there's much more money to be made that way!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

and there is no need for you to get bent at me. we are all in this together i'm just trying to see the silver lining on the clouds of gray. You might try to do the same.

The silver lining is putting Skyride and their illegal practices out of business, not trying to paint it as a good thing for skydiving. That is like saying why focus on all the bad landings and look at all the good landings. The bad landings need to be fixed, not the good ones.

Derek

if you think positive then there is alway a silver lining

Listen It is apperant that skyride is here to stay so we can either work with them or work against them and at this point it is better on the pocket book to work with them instead of working against them.

Listen It is apperant that skyride is here to stay

How do you figure? They are breaking the law and it is only a matter of time before they are made to pay for their crimes, that is a silver lining, justice.

so what dropzone do you own ??

None, why?

Derek

:) I think you might just be right one that one. Things are in the works nationwide is all I know. :)

I'll work against Skyride any day of the week. I think Ohio is down to 1 DZ that was accepting them and they might have quit by now. Skyride-Free is the way to be! ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

My DZ doesn't accept Skyride gift certificates. How's that for positive?

Seriously, you say you manage a DZ. Which one? The reason I'm curious is that I want to look up your area on skydiving.com or other skyride sites and see what FAKE dropzones they list in your area. Here in CT, skyride sends their customers to the fictional Adventure Skydiving Connecticut. Since there are 2 dropzones in the state and one may very well be closing soon, I really wonder where Adventure Skydiving Connecticut is. According to their site (http://www.skydiveconnecticut.com), they have the best safety record in Connecticut.

Now please find the silver lining in that cloud.

Dave

skyride is here to stay

Not if we can help it. I would rather pay more as a fun jumper than support a dz that used Skyride.

What dropzone do you manage? I only ask because I would assume that Skyride would send ALL their Georgia inquires to ASC, so I assume you work at ASC.

They are criminals! That gives new potential skydivers the impression that we are all criminals.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Here is the thing no one knows who is in the network. What just because someone tells you they aren't they are telling the truth? Skyride is sending those tandem students somewhere. And do you think a DZO in the network would go around bragging about it?
--------------------------------------------------Live for today, Love as if there will be no tomorrow!

I'll work against Skyride any day of the week. I think Ohio is down to 1 DZ that was accepting them and they might have quit by now. Skyride-Free is the way to be! ;)

so what beef do you have with skyride what did they do to you? Do you own or manage a DZ?

so please tell me why are you so against skyride and what did they do to you?

Because what they are doing is wrong and I like it when justice is served and people get what they deserve, positive or negative.

Skyride, like the Enron CEO, didn't do anything to me personally, but I am glad they went to jail and would be happy to see the owner(s) of Skyride get what they deserve also. I'm all about fairness.:ph34r:

I don't think turning a blind eye to illegal business practices and trying to focus how much money they are making for me would sit well with my integrity.

Derek

you don't like where I jump come here and open a dz closer to me.

I think that it is called SKYDIVE the Farm - Right Across the street (Specifically opened for that exact Reason). Come check it out sometime.

As for what Skyride is doing, It is WRONG no matter how you try to rationalize it. They are intentionally deceptive and dishonest. NO I have never been harmed by this and I am not party to any lawsuits.

Why does it bother me?? Because it is WRONG.

I don’t have a problem with them not mentioning Competitors (most business would not do that), But all the false/misleading websites, Stolen Pictures, Stolen Websites and Blatant Lies told to people on the phones are nothing short of SLEAZY business practices and Illegal in the state of Georgia.

If you really don’t think they are doing anything wrong, you may want to reconsider your own personal moral standards