aerialcameraman

Cessna

Here's me putting out S/L students from a cargo door u-206 in about 1981. We wore our caps backwards in those days not because we wanted to look like Gangsters, but because the frigging wind blew them off otherwise . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Here's me putting out S/L students from a cargo door u-206 in about 1981. We wore our caps backwards in those days not because we wanted to look like Gangsters, but because the frigging wind blew them off otherwise . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

;) interesting rig. luckily when i did SL we had rings on the rig but not allowed any on our fingers (like your student :P)

fwiw i have jumped 206 and 207 with cargo doors.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

NickD :)BASE 194[/repl

Cool jumpsuit!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

When I started jumping I did most of my jumps at a DZ that operated a rear door 207 like that one.

I jump at a DZ now that uses a Porter. It's a helluvalot quicker and easier with the Porter, but sometimes I must admit I get a little nostalgic for the Cessna.

Got an E-mail from Fred this morning and 33 Alpha is back in the air with a new engine, and the heater and in flight door all work. Great news from Lost Prairie. I believe 33A is a 182. Last winter we were jumping from the 207 without the door. Pretty cold sitting next to it but pretty nice sitting next to the pilot. Anyway the Prairie has a 182 up and flying again.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I'd ask people to remove rings that were snaggy, but not plain wedding bands . . .

NickD :)

ALL 'wedding bands' are snaggy...usually just takes a while! ;)

Yep. Once got a blood blister on my ring finger when I got it caught on the "L" floater handle on a jump plane setting up an exit a few years ago. Boy that hurt like a motherfucker. It wasn't even a bulky wedding ring, just a nice Celtic Knot ring. I thought for a second my finger was gonna get broken and let go, 2 seconds early! Boy that was a long way back up to the formation! :D Haven't worn a ring for jumps since.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

When I started jumping I did most of my jumps at a DZ that operated a rear door 207 like that one.

I jump at a DZ now that uses a Porter. It's a helluvalot quicker and easier with the Porter, but sometimes I must admit I get a little nostalgic for the Cessna.

nothing that one ride with the plane full all the way up in the middle of a Dal summer wouldn't cure :D
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.