OSOK

BASE game

If by "realistic" you mean there is a version of Felix Baumgarntner. . . . LOL!!! Click here and scroll to bottom. http://d3company.com/projects.html

Although I will say I'm impressed with the detail on the (if I'm not mistaken) Gostellaradio Tower in Moscow. http://d3company.com/img/base/shots/15.12.06/game-d%202006-12-15%2023-04-54-72.jpg
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ive downloaded it 4 times, and I still cant play it. Yes I installed the PhysX Driver thingy. I get to the startup menu (where you can change the controlls) hit the start button, and I get "game-d.exe has encountered a problem and need to close" Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I was able to download it as well, installed the PhysX driver or what the hell ever it is and have the same errors. I use a laptop and the documentation did have some stuff on running on a laptop. Simply not worth it to pursue for me.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

I'd be very cautious about downloading and installing this software. I downloaded the demo about 3 days ago. I actually downloaded it about 3 times because it would not install. It just kept freezing my computer when trying to unzip.

Finally after several attempts it began to install. I left the room for only a moment when I heard my computer shut down. When I turned it on again I had lots of short vertical lines on my boot screen.

Now when I try to log onto windows after the XP logo disappears the computer just hangs up, and freezes.

I can now only log on with SAFE MODE. I've been trying for 2 or 3 days now to fix the problem, but have no idea what it has done.

On a side note, I have no spyware/maleware viruses or anything like that and maintain my comp very well.

This demo really screwed up my computer.

I finally D/L the demo and it works just fine. The Russian internet and their servers are very, very flakey. Why they didn't host it on a 1st work server to promote their program was a bad busines move. In the world of the internet, no one gives a crap if it is coming down from an actual Russian site or a Asian site.

Anyways, eventhough you have the full demo, it still may be screwed because of the bad connections and the install doesn't CRC check the files like every other rational programmer on the planet performs before the install starts. A bad or corrupted file and f*ck up peoples computers just like what is being posted here.

Game runs good, graphics are better than I expected and its pretty nice for a BASE game. Some crazy things that must only be Russian though like "expense hard drive" means how much room you have left on it. It is the only company I have even known that the Esc key is actually used to progress or start parts of the program and not "escape" out of them. Maybe the Russians want to just be different :)

They may be new to democracy but man, does their internet network suck-ski.

I don't know what you're complaining about... it only took me four hours to download the demo - an average of a whopping 8.4 KByte/sec! :) (Yes, I have broadband.)

I have no idea if the file downloaded correctly or not. Survey says:

$ sum base-demo.exe 

31165 132670
$ cksum base-demo.exe
519699479 135853566 base-demo.exe
$ md5sum base-demo.exe
75f30441c5368a1f1323d01f487f6b56 base-demo.exe

I've put the file online here; I'm not equipped to torrent it but somebody who is, feel free to grab it. I downloaded it myself as a test and it took about five minutes (about 442 KByte/sec).

I haven't tried to install it and know nothing about it; if it breaks you get to keep all the pieces.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

i've had a rather unpleasant encounter when i wrote to their support, just to express my disappointment with the game. the web-edition of the game has got more features n'all. i did buy it in the store.

to make a long story short, i've wrote a nice mail, reply was "go fuck yourself". really cool to treat a customer like that.

DO NOT BUY IT!!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda