WhoseNuts

Input PLEASE?????????

I am a Marine stationed in the Al Anbar province for 11 months, WITH NO SKYDIVING..... Iraq for those of you that are not geographically inclined.... anyways, I was talking to this ARMY kid, and i was telling him my plans to take 45 days of leave when i get back and all i am going to do is SKYDIVE, SKYDIVE, SKYDIVE.... and he told me that he did a 30,000 ft jump before... Now, coming from an Army kid ya well its understandable... but at the same time... it upset me and really made me mad.... As if it offended me... because then at that moment he said that he had only done 2 tandem jumps... LOL LOL LOL

Now if it was you, in my position, what would you do?
A. Punch him in the mouth and tell him to shut up
B. Just giggle and say "THATS THE ARMY FOR YA"
C. OTHER?

Please give me some input?

I am a Marine stationed in the Al Anbar province for 11 months, WITH NO SKYDIVING..... Iraq for those of you that are not geographically inclined.... anyways, I was talking to this ARMY kid, and i was telling him my plans to take 45 days of leave when i get back and all i am going to do is SKYDIVE, SKYDIVE, SKYDIVE.... and he told me that he did a 30,000 ft jump before... Now, coming from an Army kid ya well its understandable... but at the same time... it upset me and really made me mad.... As if it offended me... because then at that moment he said that he had only done 2 tandem jumps... LOL LOL LOL

C. OTHER?

Tell him that you aspire to be as cool as him someday, roll your eyes, and walk away. :)
Wheres Al Anbar? My son is a Marine and will be deployed to Iraq Arpil 3rd. This'll be his 1st deployment.
__

My mighty steed

My experience has shown the quiet approach is usually better. If you mention that you're a skydiver and leave it at that then he spends more time wondering if you know his story is BS.

I run into it a lot in the automotive industry. Someone will be shooting their mouths about how much power their car has or how fast it goes and I usually just smile and nod and say "yeah I've got a lot of experience with those" Later someone else will mention that I build race cars for a living. Rather than flat out calling them full of shit they spend more time worrying if I know they are or not.

-Michael

it just upsets me, kinda funny but does, because its something that i enjoy doing, and for someone to just come out and say I did an AIRLINER CRUISE ALTITUDE type jump, was kind of itchy to me!

Its like saying oh I am a marine, but in all actuality i have never been a marine... If that makes sense...
I dont know just pissed me off a little

Well he may have done a Jump from Mike Mullins Plane, then again he may not have.

The quiet approach usually is best for the confrontation. You two are on the same team at the moment and can't afford a tiff.

Be safe, keep low, your eyes and ears open. Come to Ohio when you get back and I will hook up a jump for you.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If I had a dime for every guy who told me he was ex-sf ... :S I usually ask them what team they were on, and show them my coin. Then it gets ridiculous ... they usually tell me it was all "hush hush, top secret" crapola.

However, I agree with Matt. Keep it to yourself. You have a bigger fish to fry over there in the sand.

Stay safe! Come home soon!
De Opresso Liber! (my version of your "semper Fi")
SteveO

steveOrino

Just quietly smile cause he's in the army( and do you need anything besides that for a giggle?) and every time he's been skydiving he did it strapped real tight to another dude;). Then tell him to go build a sand castle, his balls might be big enough for that right?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.

C. OTHER?

C. Other.. keep him talking (when your not working) for the entertainment value. :D sounds like hes completely full of shite..

you may run into other skydivers around though, there are quite few in the military..

1st trip over as a civilian I was wearing a closing pin, a Lt saw it in the chow line and we struck up a conversation, since I had a TON of skydiving video on my lap top, and he was really dying to get some air again he and his roommate (who wanted to skydive but hadnt) crowed around my comp to watch them... their CO wandered up to see what we were doing... after 15 sec he said something to the effect of 'oh shit, now I've got to deal with TWO of you looking up and sighing like lost puppies for the next 6 months...."

every time he's been skydiving he did it strapped real tight to another dude

Ooooh, I gotta remember that one.

Yea, just keep it to yourself. If nothing else, it will keep humor in your own mind while stuck there.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Tell him that you aspire to be as cool as him someday, roll your eyes, and walk away. :)
Wheres Al Anbar? My son is a Marine and will be deployed to Iraq Arpil 3rd. This'll be his 1st deployment.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Al+Anbar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Anbar

1st trip over as a civilian I was wearing a closing pin, a Lt saw it in the chow line and we struck up a conversation, since I had a TON of skydiving video on my lap top, and he was really dying to get some air again he and his roommate (who wanted to skydive but hadnt) crowed around my comp to watch them... their CO wandered up to see what we were doing... after 15 sec he said something to the effect of 'oh shit, now I've got to deal with TWO of you looking up and sighing like lost puppies for the next 6 months...."

Funny Story, me and my instructor (Pine from DeLand) were inline at a concert at disney years ago, and this guy in front of us had a hook pin neclace. Pine asks him (Pine has 12 thousand jumps at the time)
"hey man what is that necklace its pretty cool".
The guy gets cocky and says you wouldnt understan/".
Pne says :" no really what is it, are you into fishing".
The guy answers "No Im a daredevil, Im a skkydiver".
His friends start talking about how crazy he is, and Pine says, "Oh shit you are crazy, so you jump out of perfectly god airplanes, so when you land do you fall down like they do on tv"?
The guy says "Noo Im harcore, I swoop, I jump a small parachute that makes me fast, most people dont fly canopies as small as mine"
Pine says "Wow that is crazy, swooping eh, How small is your canopy and why does it make you swoop".
The guy answers "I have a sabre 170, its way small, and swoops farter than anyone else at my dropzone".
Pine eggs him on a little more before finally saying "I bet your saber 170, doesnt swoop half as far as my Velocity 79"

The entire group of us erupted in laughter, the guy turned bright red and quit talking to us. Hook line and sinker, it was funny as hell. His friends had no clue their Crazy skygod friend just made a total ass of himself, but it was hilarious.

Joke: How do you know theres a skydiver in the room?
A: Dont worry he will tell you.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Pine says "Wow that is crazy, swooping eh, How small is your canopy and why does it make you swoop".
The guy answers "I have a sabre 170, its way small, and swoops farter than anyone else at my dropzone".
Pine eggs him on a little more before finally saying "I bet your saber 170, doesnt swoop half as far as my Velocity 79"

The entire group of us erupted in laughter, the guy turned bright red and quit talking to us. Hook line and sinker, it was funny as hell. His friends had no clue their Crazy skygod friend just made a total ass of himself, but it was hilarious.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I love it!!! Classic...
Today is a better day!!!

Reminds me of this baloney

Me, I'd keep helping him making an ass out of himself :)

I am not sure, but I think the TM in the camo is my rigger.

"Joke: How do you know theres a skydiver in the room?
A: Dont worry he will tell you. "

That is funny!!!!
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn