nicolesheridan

Bringing rig on cruise ship?

Has anyone ever brought their rig with them on a cruise ship?

My husband and I are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise at the end of April and one of the stops is Cabo San Lucas. I know there is a DZ there and it would be awesome to get in a few jumps!

I'm just not sure if there are any regulations for carrying gear onto the ship (are they the same as if you are flying?). I am assuming the screeners at the port will probably be alot less familiar with gear than a TSA screener at the airport might be and really don't need someone pulling handles or asking me to open my reserve tray.

Any experiences?????

You could do SOOO many cool things on a ship with a parachute if you waned. well, except for jumping.

para-sailing?

You could even make yourself a little fort for you and your SO to make sweet sweet love in with an old canopy!
=========Shaun ==========

No, Nicole, you *can't* do a planned cutaway from the Para-Sail! ;)

All joking aside... I would make sure you have all the "normal" TSA stuff that you'd take if you were flying...just in case.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My husband and I are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise at the end of April and one of the stops is Cabo San Lucas. I know there is a DZ there and it would be awesome to get in a few jumps!

I'm just not sure if there are any regulations for carrying gear onto the ship (are they the same as if you are flying?). I am assuming the screeners at the port will probably be alot less familiar with gear than a TSA screener at the airport might be and really don't need someone pulling handles or asking me to open my reserve tray.

Any experiences?????

You should have absolutley no problem bringing your rig aboard. But to be sure that you won;t get hassled you should bring a hand gun.:D

Edit:
I haven't researched but I would assume a rig has no issue for the safety of the ship. If you brought a life raft aboard I would suggest you be searched.:D
My photos

My Videos

juste don't dress in black and pretend you are Jeb disguised as a hot blonde... They might think you want to jump from the chimney of the ship :D

They already caught him at the Empire State Building diguised as a fat guy...

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Done it once before, and had no problems. As someone else suggested, I carried all the stuff I normally carry with me to fly (Cypres card, TSA letter, etc), and though they had never seen one before, they asked me some questions and then let me go.

MUCH less hassle than some of the commercial flights I've tried to make... :P
Signatures are the new black.

brought /brɔt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[brawt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb pt. and pp. of bring.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Usage Note: In most dialects of American English bring is used to denote motion toward the place of speaking or the place from which the action is regarded: Bring it over here. The prime minister brought a large retinue to Washington with her. Take is used to denote motion away from such a place: Take it over there. The President will take several advisers with him when he goes to Moscow.

SO THERE!:P

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But, the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates"- Thomas Szasz

Cool...thanks everyone. Looks like we will be bringing our gear. Hopefully Skydive El Sol can get a couple of loads up on a Friday!:)

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But, the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates"- Thomas Szasz

Cool...thanks everyone. Looks like we will be bringing our gear. Hopefully Skydive El Sol can get a couple of loads up on a Friday!:)

If you can, give them a call and let them know you're stopping by there. Who knows, maybe they weren't going to be open, but will pull the plane out for you. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

:D:DForeigners are so funny. Have a great trip.

In English, 'brought' would typically be used when you are at a place now and did 'bring' something with you. Say for example that you were currently on the cruise.

On the other hand, after you had been on the cruise at some time in the past you would have taken stuff with you.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome