heftee

Safety Day bail out drills

I don't disagree.

I was assuming an Otter, which from what I've seen don't tend to "fall out of the sky". It's damn near impossible to stall an Otter for CG issues, unless the pilot is being really dumb.

Cessnas "falling out the sky", are rare, too. Most common problem seems to be engine-outs, sadly related to fuel exhaustion.

Even with a Cessna with a CG induced stall, there's plenty of time for 4 people to get out in a quick and orderly manner. In this case I'd be more concerned about being pinned by G's...

Exiting a Cessna inteligently is even more important because of the possibility of tail strikes.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

With all due respect.
Since your profile indicates that you made 177 jumps in 92 years, I am afraid that your training method is a little bit outdated. Whom I am supposed to look at, what I am supposed to grab and what I supposed to deploy if I sit by the door of twin otter and hear pilot yelling everybody out at 5K?

Erika,

I think people may be confused by my statements. i am not claiming that this is how it SHOULD be in all situations. I'm merely stating that this is what I was drilled in.

Yes I only have 177 jumps but I dont need to be experienced to relate what I was taught. I only need a functioning memory ;)

I believe that this method is still what is taught at the DZ where I was trained lo these 92 years ago :P
__

My mighty steed

I think this would be something I would definately not mind "get caught up in" as a surprise on run to altitude... Who cares if it cost a jump ticket, it's safety day, it happens once a year, and I am for everything that can be done realisticly to help me learn or feel comfortable with a given situation. If I catch drift that any SoCal DZs are doing this for safety day I think that's where I'll be..

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.