Braz933

Skydive Season?

I live in MA, and I would like to know what the "season" is for jumping? Is it from April to November? Just wondering.

Thanks,
Braz

Call your local DZ and find out what their "tandem season" is or if they shut down for the winter.

It can vary by quite a bit and some drop zones do stay open even with snow on the ground.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

April to November would be pretty typical in the northeast for most jumpers and tandem operations. At our DZ in CT, we stay open all year. But only a pretty small group of jumpers keeps going all winter. We're the only DZ in new england that stays open, so we tend to get jumpers from all over in the winter.

Dave

April to November would be pretty typical in the northeast for most jumpers and tandem operations. At our DZ in CT, we stay open all year. But only a pretty small group of jumpers keeps going all winter. We're the only DZ in new england that stays open, so we tend to get jumpers from all over in the winter.

Dave

Yeah, same here. We go from turbine to cessna in the winter and stay open for weekends. The jumping cuts down quite a bit, but there are some diehards!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Like birds?

We jump all year long and sleep in our own beds (sometimes) . . . ;)

NickD :)

i keep threatening to move south:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

WOW:o

I would never have imagined that you could jump through the winter months in New England! So now I have to ask...how much "winter" gear do you need in order to jump in the winter? Full face helmet I assume. Gloves. Battery heated underwear! I still can not believe that people jump during the dead of the New England winter! Yet I am very happy to know it can be done!

Thanks to all,
Braz